Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Anticipate generic drug launch
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Substituted 2-(2,6-dioxopiperidin-3-yl)-phthalimides and -1-oxoisoindolines and method of reducing TNF.alpha. levels|
|Abstract:||Substituted 2-(2,6-dioxopiperidin-3-yl)-phthalimides and 1-oxo-2-(2,6-dioxopiperidin-3-yl)isoindolines reduce the levels of TNF.alpha. in a mammal. A typical embodiment is 1-oxo-2-(2,6-dioxo-3-methylpiperidin-3-yl)-4,5,6,7-tetrafluoroisoindoline- .|
|Inventor(s):||Muller; George W. (Bridgewater, NJ), Stirling; David I. (Branchburg, NJ), Chen; Roger Shen-Chu (Edison, NJ)|
|Assignee:||Celgene Corporation (Summit, NJ)|
|Filing Date:||Jan 14, 2005|
|Claims:||1. A compound of formula (I), or a salt or an optical isomer thereof: ##STR00006## |
2. The compound of claim 1 having an optical purity of >95%.
3. An optical isomer of claim 1, which is (R)-3-(3-aminophthalimido)-3-methylpiperidine-2,6-dione or (S)-3-(3-aminophthalimido)-3-methylpiperidine-2,6-dione.
4. A pharmaceutical composition comprising a therapeutically effective amount of the compound, the salt or the optical isomer of claim 1, and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier, diluent or excipient.
5. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 4 wherein the therapeutically effective amount is for reducing levels of TNF.alpha., or treating inflammatory, autoimmune, oncogenic or cancerous disease in a mammal.
6. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 4, wherein said composition is in the form of a tablet, a capsule, a lozenge, a cachet, a solution, a suspension, an emulsion, a powder, an aerosol, a spray, a suppository, a tampon, a pessary, a pastille, an ointment, a cream, a paste, a foam or a gel.
7. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 4, wherein said composition is suitable for oral, parenteral, topical, rectal, sublingual, buccal, vaginal, transdermal, or basal administration.
8. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 6, wherein said composition is in the form of a tablet.
9. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 6, wherein said composition is in the form of a capsule.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.