Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Methods for glucagon suppression using modified exendins|
|Abstract:||Methods for use of an exendin, an exendin agonist, or a modified exendin or exendin agonist having an exendin or exendin agonist linked to one or more polyethylene glycol polymers, for example, for lowering glucagon levels and/or suppressing glucagon secretion in a subject are provided. These methods are useful in treating hyperglucagonemia and other conditions that would be benefited by lowering plasma glucgon or suppressing glucagon secretion.|
|Inventor(s):||Young; Andrew A. (San Diego, CA), Gedulin; Bronislava (San Diego, CA)|
|Assignee:||Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (San Diego, CA)|
|Filing Date:||Oct 19, 2006|
|Claims:||1. A modified exendin agonist peptide or exendin agonist analog peptide wherein one or more amino acid residues is acylated with a dicarboxylic acid; wherein the amino acid residues are an internal lysine residue, an N-terminal amino acid residue, a C-terminal amino acid residue, or a combination of two or more thereof. |
2. The peptide of claim 1, wherein the acylated amino acid residue comprises a side chain having a dicarboxylic acid group.
3. The peptide of claim 1, wherein the acylated amino acid residue is a C-terminal lysine residue.
4. The peptide of claim 1, wherein the peptide comprises a plurality of amino acid residues comprising dicarboxylic groups.
5. The peptide of claim 1, wherein the dicarboxylic group is linked to an epsilon amino group of a lysine residue.
6. The peptide of claim 1, wherein the peptide comprises an amino acid sequence according to any of SEQ ID NOs. 1-239.
7. An exendin-4 agonist peptide wherein one or more amino acid residues is acylated with a dicarboxylic acid; wherein the amino acid residues are an internal lysine residue, an N-terminal amino acid residue, a C-terminal amino acid residue, or a combination of two or more thereof.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.