Anticipate generic drug launch
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Find generic entry opportunities
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Methods and compositions for treating pulmonary disorders using optically pure (R,R)-formoterol|
|Abstract:||A method and composition are disclosed utilizing the pure (R,R) isomer of formoterol, which is a potent bronchodilator with reduced adverse effects, a low incidence of the development of tolerance and an increased duration of action, as compared to racemic formoterol.|
|Inventor(s):||Aberg; Gunnar (Sarasota, FL), Morley; John (Richmond-upon-Thames, GB)|
|Assignee:||Sepracor Inc. (Marlborough, MA)|
|Filing Date:||Jan 31, 2005|
|Claims:||1. A method of reducing morbidity ascribable to high dose or long term use of .beta.2 sympathomimetic bronchodilator drugs in an asthma patient, the method comprising administering to the asthma patient a therapeutically effective amount of (R,R)-formoterol, or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, the (R,R)-formoterol containing at least 90% by weight of (R,R)-formoterol and less than 10% by weight of (S,S)-formoterol. |
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the (R,R)-formoterol is administered by subcutaneous injection, intravenous infusion, inhalation, transdermal delivery or oral administration.
3. The method of claim 2, wherein the (R,R)-formoterol or pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof is administered together with a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
4. The method of claim 2, wherein the (R,R)-formoterol is administered as the fumarate salt.
5. The method of claim 2, wherein the (R,R)-formoterol is administered as the tartrate salt.
6. The method of claim 2, wherein the (R,R)-formoterol is administered as the succinate salt.
7. The method of claim 2, wherein the (R,R)-formoterol is administered by inhalation and the amount administered is about 1 .mu.g to about 100 .mu.g per day, in single or divided doses.
8. The method of claim 5, wherein the amount administered is about 6 .mu.g to about 25 .mu.g per day, in single or divided doses.
9. The method of claim 6, wherein the amount administered is about 12 .mu.g to about 25 .mu.g per day, in single or divided doses.
10. The method of claim 7, wherein the amount is administered in from two to four divided doses.
11. The method of claim 2, wherein the (R,R)-formoterol is administered orally and the amount administered is about 0.1 mg to about 1 mg per day.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.