Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Find generic entry opportunities
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
Manage your formulary budget
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Water soluble prodrugs of hindered alcohols|
|Abstract:||The present invention is directed to novel water-soluble prodrugs of aliphatic or aromatic hindered hydroxyl group containing pharmaceuticals.|
|Inventor(s):||Stella; Valentino J. (Lawrence, KS), Zygmunt; Jan J. (Longmont, CO), Georg; Ingrid Gunda (Lawrence, KS), Safadi; Muhammad S. (Nazareth, IL)|
|Assignee:||University of Kansas (Lawrence, KS)|
|Filing Date:||Nov 17, 2004|
|Claims:||1. A method of producing an anesthetic effect in a dog which comprises administering to a dog in need thereof an effective anesthetic amount of the compound according to formula I, ##STR00054## wherein, R-O is a residue of propofol, R.sup.1 is hydrogen or an alkali metal ion or a protonated amine or a protonated amino acid, R.sup.2 is hydrogen or an alkali metal ion or a protonated amine or a protonated amino acid, and n is an integer of 1 or 2; and pharmaceutically acceptable salts thereof. |
2. The method according to claim 1, wherein the alkali metal ion of R.sup.1 and R.sup.2 is independently selected from the group consisting of sodium, potassium and lithium.
3. The method according to claim 1, wherein said compound has the formula II, ##STR00055## Wherein Z is selected from the group consisting of hydrogen, alkali metal ion and amine, and n is an integer of 1 or 2; and pharmaceutically acceptable salts thereof.
4. The method according to claim 3, wherein Z is independently selected from the group consisting of sodium, tromethamine, triethanolamine, triethylamine, arginine, lysine, ethanolamine and N-methylglucamine.
5. The method according to claim 1, wherein said compound has the formula (III), ##STR00056## wherein R-O is a residue of propofol Y is a phosphono protecting group, and n is an integer of 1 or 2; and pharmaceutically acceptable salts thereof.
6. The method according to claim 5, wherein the compound has the formula IV, ##STR00057## wherein Y is a phosphono protecting group.
7. The method according to claim 6, wherein said phosphono protecting group is selected from the group consisting of a benzyl group, a t-butyl group, an allyl group, and other acceptable phosphate protecting groups.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.