|Title:||Methods for the treatment of neuro- disorders using aminothiol compounds|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to new uses of S-2-(3-aminopropylamino)ethyl dihydrogen phosphorothioate, (amifostine) and other aminothiol compounds to treat and reverse toxicities caused by therapeutic agents, radiation treatment or diabetes. In particular, the invention provides a method for treating neurotoxicity and nephrotoxicity associated with the administration of chemotherapeutic agents.|
|Inventor(s):||Stogniew; Martin (Blue Bell, PA), Alberts; David S. (Tucson, AZ), Kaplan; Edward H. (Skokie, IL)|
|Assignee:||Medimmune Oncology Inc. (Gaithersburg, MD)|
|Filing Date:||May 03, 2002|
|Claims:||1. A method for treating a neuro-disorder in a human which comprises administering a therapeutically effective amount of WR 33278 or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof to a human in need of such treatment after the occurrence of said neuro-disorder, wherein the neuro-disorder is a result of the administration of one or more cancer chemotherapeutic agents. |
2. The method of claim 1, wherein said neuro-disorder is a neurotoxicity.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein said neuro-disorder is a peripheral neuropathy, autonomic neuropathy, central neuropathy, muscle weakness, arthralgia or myalgia.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein said neuro-disorder is a result of the administration of cisplatin, carboplatin, pactitaxel, docetaxel, vincristine, navelbine, gemcytobin, etoposide, doxorubicin, daunorubicin or a combination thereof.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein said aminothiol compound is administered intravenously, subcutaneously, intramuscularly, intradermally, topically or orally.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein said human is a cancer patient.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.