Generated: April 26, 2017
|Title:||Polyacid glycopeptide derivatives|
|Abstract:||Disclosed are derivatives of glycopeptides that are substituted at the C-terminus with a substituent that comprises two or more (e.g. 2, 3, 4, or 5) carboxy (CO.sub.2H) groups; and pharmaceutical compositions containing such glycopeptide derivatives. The disclosed glycopeptide derivatives are useful as antibacterial agents.|
|Inventor(s):||Linsell; Martin S. (San Mateo, CA), Judice; J. Kevin (El Granada, CA)|
|Assignee:||Theravance, Inc. (South San Francisco, CA)|
|Filing Date:||Mar 18, 2005|
|Claims:||1. A compound of the formula: ##STR00011## wherein R.sup.17 is --CH(COOH)CH.sub.2COOH or --CH(COOH)CH.sub.2CH.sub.2COOH and stereoisomer thereof; R.sup.20 is 4-(4-chlorophenyl)benzyl or 4-(4-chlorobenzyloxy)benzyl; or a pharmaceutically-acceptable salt. |
2. The compound of claim 1, wherein R.sup.17 is --CH(COOH)CH.sub.2COOH.
3. The compound of claim 1, wherein R.sup.17 is --CH(COOH)CH.sub.2CH.sub.2COOH.
4. The compound of claim 1, wherein R.sup.20 is 4-(4-chloropbenyl)benzyl.
5. The compound of claim 1, wherein R.sup.20 is 4-(4-chlorobenzyloxy)benzyl.
6. A compound of the formula: ##STR00012## or a pharmaceutically-acceptable salt.
7. A pharmaceutical composition comprising a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier and a therapeutically effective amount of a compound of any one of 1 to 6.
8. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 7, wherein the composition further comprises a cyclodextrin.
9. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 8, wherein the cyclodextrin is hydroxypropyl-.beta.-cyclodextrin or sulfobutyl ether .beta.-cyclodextrin.
10. A method of treating a bacterial disease in a mammal, the method comprising administering to the mammal a therapeutically effective amount of a compound of any one of claims 1 to 6.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.