Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Manage your formulary budget
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Lactam-containing compounds and derivatives thereof as factor Xa inhibitors|
|Abstract:||The present application describes lactam-containing compounds and derivatives thereof of Formula I: P.sub.4-P-M-M.sub.4 I or pharmaceutically acceptable salt forms thereof, wherein ring P, if present is a 5 7 membered carbocycle or heterocycle and ring M is a 5 7 membered carbocycle or heterocycle. Compounds of the present invention are useful as inhibitors of trypsin-like serine proteases, specifically factor Xa.|
|Inventor(s):||Pinto; Donald J. P. (Churchville, PA), Quan; Mimi L. (Yardley, PA), Orwat; Michael J. (New Hope, PA), Li; Yun-Long (Wilmington, DE), Han; Wei (Yardley, PA), Qiao; Jennifer X. (Princeton, NJ), Lam; Patrick Y. S. (Chadds Ford, PA), Koch; Stephanie L. (Newark, DE)|
|Assignee:||Bristol-Myers Squibb Pharma Company (Princeton, NJ)|
|Filing Date:||Oct 21, 2004|
|Claims:||1. A compound of 3-(1-hydroxy-1-methyl-ethyl)-1-(4-methoxy-phenyl)-6-[4-(2-oxo-2H-pyridin-- 1-yl)-phenyl]-1,4,5,6-tetrahydro-pyrazolo[3,4-c]pyridin-7-one or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt form thereof. |
2. A pharmaceutical composition, comprising: a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier and a therapeutically effective amount of a compound of claim 1 or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt form thereof.
3. A method for treating a thromboembolic disorder, comprising: administering to a patient in need thereof a therapeutically effective amount of a compound of claim 1 or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt form thereof.
4. A method according to claim 3, wherein the thromboembolic disorder is selected from the group consisting of arterial cardiovascular thromboembolic disorders, venous cardiovascular thromboembolic disorders, and thromboembolic disorders in the chambers of the heart.
5. A method according to claim 3, wherein the thromboembolic disorder is selected from unstable angina, an acute coronary syndrome, first myocardial infarction, recurrent myocardial infarction, ischemic sudden death, transient ischemic attack, stroke, atherosclerosis, peripheral occlusive arterial disease, venous thrombosis, deep vein thrombosis, thrombophlebitis, arterial embolism, coronary arterial thrombosis, cerebral arterial thrombosis, cerebral embolism, kidney embolism, pulmonary embolism, and thrombosis resulting from (a) prosthetic valves or other implants, (b) indwelling catheters, (c) stents, (d) cardiopulmonary bypass, (e) hemodialysis, or (f) other procedures in which blood is exposed to an artificial surface that promotes thrombosis.
6. A method according to claim 5, wherein the thromboembolic disorder is an acute coronary syndrome.
7. A method according to claim 5, wherein the thromboembolic disorder is stroke.
8. A method according to claim 5, wherein the thromboembolic disorder is deep vein thrombosis.
9. A method according to claim 5, wherein the thromboembolic disorder is pulmonary embolism.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.