Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Manage your formulary budget
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Find generic entry opportunities
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Manikin and eye device apparatus, methods and articles of manufacture|
|Abstract:||Apparatus, methods and articles of manufacture are disclosed for installing an artificial eye in a realistic, life-like sculpture, comprising an artificial eye of partially hemispherical shape, as well as a manikin with an eye-mounting area adapted to mate with such an artificial eye without risk of subsequent movement of the eye or of distortion of the features surrounding the eye-mounting area of the sculpture. Eye mounting pieces for retrofitting existing sculptures having conventional eye mounting areas to permit the accurate and life-like mounting of artificial eyes are also provided.|
|Inventor(s):||Johnson; Brian (Hayward, WI)|
|Assignee:||Tohickon Johnson Development LLC (Wilmington, DE)|
|Filing Date:||Sep 18, 2002|
|Claims:||1. An artificial eye mount for a sculptured form, comprising at least an artificial eye component and a molded eye mounting area mated thereto in correct orientation, wherein the artificial eye component comprises a partially hemispherical surface having a front convex side and a back side concentric thereto, wherein the back side of the artificial eye component is configured to facilitate mechanically correct installation within the molded eye mounting area of the sculptured form, and wherein the eye mounting area is generally molded into the shape of a natural eye recess of the species being sculpted, such that placement of the artificial eye component in the molded eye mounting area mechanically orients the eye into correct focus without further manipulation. |
2. The artificial eye mount of claim 1, further comprising an edge around the outer circumference of the backside, and wherein the molded eye mounting area further comprises: an eye socket having an upper rim having an upper surface, and a lower rim having a lower surface; an upper eyelid positioned above and a lower eyelid positioned below the upper and lower rims, respectively; and a recess formed between the upper and lower surfaces of the upper and lower rims; wherein the upper and lower surfaces are molded such that placement of the artificial eye component in the eye socket also mates the edge of the artificial eye to the upper and lower surfaces of the mounting area and correctly orients the eye on the sculpture.
3. The artificial eye mount of claim 1, wherein the artificial eye component is affixed to the mounting area on a sculpture selected from the group consisting of taxidermy manikins, dolls, toys, stuffed toy animals, clothing mannequins, and artistic sculptures.
4. The artificial eye mount of claim 3, wherein the artificial eye component is affixed to the mounting area on a taxidermy manikin.
5. The artificial eye mount of claim 1, wherein the artificial eye component is configured in a modified, partially hemispherical configuration and the back side of the artificial eye component is concave.
6. The artificial eye mount of claim 1, wherein the convex front surface of the artificial eye component is aspheric in shape.
7. The artificial eye mount of claim 1, wherein the artificial eye component is manufactured from glass or acrylic material.
8. The artificial eye mount of claim 7, wherein the artificial eye component is manufactured from glass.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.