Manage your formulary budget
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Polyacid glycopeptide derivatives|
|Abstract:||Disclosed are derivatives of glycopeptides that are substituted at the C-terminus with a substituent that comprises two or more (e.g. 2, 3, 4, or 5) carboxy (CO.sub.2 H) groups; and pharmaceutical compositions containing such glycopeptide derivatives. The disclosed glycopeptide derivatives are useful as antibacterial agents.|
|Inventor(s):||Linsell; Martin S. (San Mateo, CA), Judice; J. Kevin (El Granada, CA)|
|Assignee:||Theravance, Inc. (South San Francisco, CA)|
|Filing Date:||Jun 25, 2004|
|Claims:||1. A compound of formula II: ##STR11## wherein R.sup.a is --CH.sub.2 CH.sub.2 --, --CH.sub.2 CH.sub.2 CH.sub.2 -- or --CH.sub.2 CH.sub.2 CH.sub.2 CH.sub.2 --; R.sup.b and Z form an n-octyl, n-nonyl, n-decyl, n-undecyl or n-dodecyl group; or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt or stereoisomer thereof. |
2. The compound of claim 1, wherein R.sup.a is --CH.sub.2 CH.sub.2 --.
3. The compound of claim 2, wherein R.sup.b and Z form an n-decyl group.
4. A pharmaceutical composition comprising a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier and a therapeutically effective amount of a compound of any one of claims 1, 2 or 3.
5. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 4, wherein the composition further comprises a cyclodextrin.
6. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 5, wherein the cyclodextrin is hydroxypropyl-.beta.-cyclodextrin or sulfobutyl ether .beta.-cyclodextrin.
7. A method of treating a bacterial disease in a mammal, the method comprising administering to the mammal a therapeutically effective amount of a compound of any one of claims 1, 2 or 3.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.