Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Method and apparatus for reducing static charges during polymerization of olefin polymers|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to a method and apparatus for controlling static charges in a fluidized bed olefin polymerization reactor. Static charges which develop in the polymer products are measured and, if they fall outside a predetermined range, static charge control agents are introduced into the reactor. By controlling the static charges in the reactor, sheeting and drooling can be controlled.|
|Inventor(s):||Bartilucci; Mark Peter (Beaumont, TX), Davis, Jr.; Ernest Raymond (Beaumont, TX), Egan; Brian J. (Altona, AU), Hagerty; Robert Olds (La Porte, TX), Husby; Per K. (Somerset, NJ)|
|Assignee:||Univation Technologies, LLC (Houston, TX)|
|Filing Date:||Feb 07, 2003|
|Claims:||1. An apparatus for measuring static charges in a fluidized bed olefin polymerization reactor comprising: (a) a Faraday drum; (b) a conduit for transporting a polymer sample from the reactor to the Faraday drum; (c) a means for measuring electric current flow connected to said Faraday drum to measure the static charge of the polymer sample in the Faraday drum. |
2. The apparatus of claim 1 further comprising a means for integrating the electric current flow over time.
3. The apparatus of claim 1 wherein said means for measuring electric current flow comprises an electrometer.
4. The apparatus of claim 1 wherein said Faraday drum comprises an inner drum, an outer shielding drum and an insulating layer between said inner and outer drums.
5. The apparatus of claim 2 wherein said electrometer is connected to said inner drum.
6. The apparatus of claim 1 further comprising a scale to measure the weight of polymer in said Faraday drum.
7. The apparatus of claim 2 wherein said outer shielding drum comprises a product discharge tank.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.