Generated: April 26, 2017
|Title:||Process for the preparation of 4-haloalkylnicotinonitriles|
|Abstract:||4-Haloalkylnicotinonitriles having the formula (I) ##STR1## which are suitable as intermediates in the preparation of pesticides, are obtained by: (a) reacting a 3-amino-1-haloalkyl-2-propen-1-one in a condensation reaction with a compound of the formula (III) to (VII), to give a compound of the formula (VIII), (IX) and/or (X), wherein R.sup.F is (C.sub.1 -C.sub.4)-haloalkyl, R.sup.1 is alkyl, Hal is Cl or Br and each Z, independently, is O, S, NR.sup.1 or OCO; and (b) subjecting the reaction product to a ring closure reaction.|
|Inventor(s):||Pazenok; Sergiy (Kelkheim, DE), Bastiaans; Henricus Maria Martinus (Usingen, DE)|
|Assignee:||Aventis CropScience GmbH (Frankfurt, DE)|
|Filing Date:||Dec 30, 2002|
|Claims:||1. A compound having the formula (VIII), (IX) or (X): |
wherein: R.sup.F is (C.sub.1 -C.sub.4)-haloalkyl; R.sup.1 is an alkyl group; Z is O, S or OCO and Hal is Cl or Br.
2. A compound as claimed in claim 1, wherein R.sup.F is CH.sub.2 F, CFCl.sub.2, CF.sub.2 Cl, CF.sub.3 or C.sub.2 F.sub.5.
3. A compound as claimed in claim 2, wherein R.sup.F is CF.sub.3.
4. A compound as claimed in claim 1, wherein Z is O or OCO.
5. A compound as claimed in claim 4, wherein R.sup.1 is (C.sub.1 -C.sub.4)-alkyl.
6. A compound as claimed in claim 5, wherein R.sup.1 is methyl or ethyl.