Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Anticipate generic drug launch
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Process for the synthesis of 2'-O-substituted pyrimidines and oligomeric compounds therefrom|
|Abstract:||Oligonucleotide analogs are disclosed having pyrimidine monomeric sub-units therein that are modified at the 2' and 5' positions. Monomeric sub-units having these modifications may be further modified at the 2' position. Improved processes for the synthesis of 2'-O-substituted pyrimidine nucleosides are also provided. The processes feature alkylation of a 2,2'-anhydropyrimidine nucleoside or a 2S,2'-anhydropyrimidine nucleoside with a weak nucleophile in the presence of a Lewis acid.|
|Inventor(s):||Cook; Phillip Dan (Escondido, CA), Sanghvi; Yogesh S. (Encinitas, CA), Sprankle; Kelly G. (Vista, CA), Ross; Bruce S. (Carlsbad, CA), Griffey; Rich H. (Vista, CA), Springer; Robert H. (Carlsbad, CA)|
|Assignee:||ISIS Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Carlsbad, CA)|
|Filing Date:||Dec 22, 2000|
|Claims:||1. A process for the synthesis of a 2'-O-substituted pyrimidine nucleoside of formula: ##STR10## |
wherein: Q is a pyrimidine base or a 2-S pyrimidine base; R.sup.1 is substituted or unsubstituted C1-C30 alkyl, C1-C30 alkenyl, C1-C30 alkynyl, C6-C14 aryl, or C7-C30 aralkyl, wherein said substitution is halo, amino, hydroxyl, thiol, ether or thioether; and R.sup.2 and R.sup.3 are independently hydrogen or a hydroxyl protecting group; comprising the steps of: providing a 2-2'-anhydropyrimidine nucleoside; selecting an alcohol of the formula R.sup.1 --OH; and treating said 2-2'-anhydropyrimidine nucleoside and said alcohol with a di or trivalent hard acid under conditions of time, temperature and pressure effective to yield said 2'-O-substituted pyrimidine nucleoside.
2. The process of claim 1 wherein said di or tri valent hard acid is a divalent or trivalent cation of a di or tri valent metal, or a complex of said di or tri valent metal.
3. The process of claim 2 wherein said di or trivalent metal is magnesium, calcium, aluminum, zinc, chromium, copper, boron, tin, mercury, iron, manganese, cadmium, gallium or barium.
4. The process of claim 2 in said complex is a hydroxide, alkyl, alkoxide, di halide, trihalide, or an organic acid ligand.
5. The process of claim 2 where said complex is a trifluoride, trichioride, or an acetate.
6. The process of claim 3 wherein said complex is a hydroxide, alkyl, alkoxide, di halide, trihalide, or an organic acid ligand.
7. The process of claim 3 where said complex is a trifluoride, trichioride, or an acetate.
8. The process of claim 3 wherein said complex is a magnesium or calcium alkoxide.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.