|Title:|| Tablet composition|
|Abstract:||A tablet composition containing N-(trans-4-isopropylcyclohexanecarbonyl)-D-phenylalanine and low substituted hydroxypropylcellulose is disclosed. This tablet composition is rapidly disintegrated in the stomach after the administration and absorbed without being influenced by meals to inhibit the rise of the blood sugar levels of diabetics after meals.|
|Inventor(s):|| Yabuki; Akira (Kawasaki, JP), Kaida; Masato (Kawasaki, JP), Ando; Takahiko (Kawasaki, JP), Ninomiya; Nobutaka (Kawasaki, JP), Ozaki; Masanao (Kawasaki, JP) |
|Assignee:|| Ajinomoto Co., Inc. (Tokyo, JP) |
|Filing Date:||Aug 03, 2001|
|Claims:||1. A process for preparing a tablet comprising: mixing N-(trans-4-isopropylcyclohexanecarbonyl)-D-phenylalanine and a disintegrant selected from the group consisting of low substituted hydroxypropylcellulose, sodium carboxymethyl cellulose, calcium carboxymethyl cellulose and croscaramellose sodium, to obtain a mixture, granulating said mixture with water which optionally contains a lower alcohol to obtain granules, drying said granules, and tableting said dried granules to obtain a tablet. |
2. The process of claim 1, further comprising coating said tablet to obtain a coated tablet.
3. The process of claim 1, wherein said tablet is spray coated.
4. The process of claim 3, wherein the tablet is spray coated with a coating liquid comprising hydroxypropylmethyl cellulose.
5. A tablet produced by the process of claim 1.
6. A method for inhibiting the rise of blood sugar comprising administering the tablet of claim 5 to a subject in need thereof.