Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
|Abstract:||Pharmaceutical composition which comprises an insulin sensitivity enhancer in combination with other antidiabetics differing from the enhancer in the mechanism of action, which shows a potent depressive effect on diabetic hyperglycemia and is useful for prophylaxis and treatment of diabetes.|
|Inventor(s):||Ikeda; Hitoshi (Higashiosaka, JP), Sohda; Takashi (Takatsuki, JP), Odaka; Hiroyuki (Kobe, JP)|
|Assignee:||Takeda Chemical Industries, Ltd. (Osaka, JP)|
|Filing Date:||Mar 13, 2002|
|Claims:||1. A method for treating circulatory disorders in a mammal in need thereof, which comprises administering to said mammal an effective amount of an insulin sensitivity enhancer in combination with an angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor. |
2. The method according to claim 1, wherein the insulin sensitivity enhancer is pioglitazone or its hydrochloride.
3. The method according to claim 1, wherein the insulin sensitivity enhancer is 5-[[4-[2-(methyl-2-pyridylamino)ethoxy]phenyl]-methyl]-2,4-thiazolidinedio ne or its pharmacologically acceptable salt.
4. The method according to claim 1, wherein the insulin sensitivity enhancer and angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor are mixed together to form an admixture and the admixture is administered to the patient.
5. The method according to claim 1, wherein the insulin sensitivity enhancer and angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor are not mixed together but are administered independently to the patient.
6. The method according to claim 1, wherein the angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor is selected from the group consisting of captopril, enalapril, alacepril, delapril, ramipril, lisinopril, imidapril, benzazepril, ceronapril, cilazapril, enalaprilat, fosinopril, moveltopril, perindopril, quinapril, spirapril, temocapril, and trandolapril.