Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Manage your formulary budget
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Anticipate generic drug launch
Find generic entry opportunities
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Abstract:||A pharmaceutical composition in the form of a solid dispersion comprising a macrolide, e.g. a rapamycin or an ascomycin, and a carrier medium.|
|Inventor(s):||Guitard; Patrice (Hegenheim, FR), Haeberlin; Barbara (Riehen, CH), Link; Rainer (Staufen, DE), Richter; Friedrich (Grenzach-Wyhlen, DE)|
|Assignee:||Novartis AG (Basel, CH)|
|Filing Date:||Jul 12, 2002|
|Claims:||1. A pharmaceutical composition in the form of a solid dispersion comprising 33-epichloro-33-desoxy-ascomycin and a carrier medium, wherein the pharmaceutical composition does not contain a surfactant. |
2. The pharmaceutical composition according to claim 1 wherein the carrier medium comprises a water-soluble polymer or a cyclodextrin.
3. The pharmaceutical composition according to claim 2 wherein the water-soluble polymer is hydroxypropylmethylcellulose or polyvinylpyrrolidone.
4. The pharmaceutical composition according to claim 2 wherein the water-soluble polymer is present in an amount up to 95 weight percent, based on the total weight of the composition.
5. The pharmaceutical composition according to claim 1 wherein the ascomycin is present in an amount of up to 30 weight percent, based on the total weight of the composition.
6. The pharmaceutical composition according to claim 1 wherein the ascomycin is in amorphous form.
7. The pharmaceutical composition according to claim 1 which additionally comprises an antioxidant.
8. The pharmaceutical composition according to claim 7 wherein the antioxidant is selected from the group consisting of butylated hydroxytoluene, DL-.alpha.-tocopherol, propyl gallate, ascorbyl palmitate, fumaric acid, and combinations thereof.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.