Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Find generic entry opportunities
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Manage your formulary budget
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Methods for the treatment of nephro-disorders using aminothiol compounds|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to new uses of S-2-(3-aminopropylamino)ethyl dihydrogen phosphorothioate, (amifostine) and other aminothiol compounds to treat and reverse toxicities caused by therapeutic agents, radiation treatment or diabetes. In particular, the invention provides a method for treating neurotoxicity and nephrotoxicity associated with the administration of chemotherapeutic agents.|
|Inventor(s):||Stogniew; Martin (Blue Bell, PA), Alberts; David S. (Tucson, AZ), Kaplan; Edward H. (Skokie, IL)|
|Assignee:||MedImmune Oncology, Inc. (Gaithersburg, MD)|
|Filing Date:||Oct 28, 1999|
|Claims:||1. A method for treating a nephro-disorders in a human which comprises administering a therapeutically effective amount of one or more aminothiol compounds, or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, to a human in need of such treatment after the occurrence of said nephro-disorders. |
2. The method of claim 1, wherein said nephro-disorder is chemically induced, drug induced, induced by aging, induced by exposure to radiation, induced by diabetes or induced by an unknown etiology.
3. The method of claim 2 wherein said nephro-disorder is induced by diabetes.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein said nephro-disorder is a nephrotoxicity associated with the administration of radiation therapy of one or more therapeutic agent(s).
5. The method of claim 1 wherein said nephro-disorder is characterized by elevations in BUN, serum creatinine, or a decrease in creatinine clearance or sodium magnesium or a combination thereof.
6. The method of claim 4 wherein said therapeutic agent is an antiviral, an antibiotic, an antifungal, a contrast agent or a combination thereof.
7. The method of claim 1 wherein said nephro-disorder is a result of the administration of cisplatin, carboplatin, pactitaxel, docetaxel, vincristine, navelbine, gemcytobin, etoposide, doxorubicin, daunorubicin or a combination thereof.
8. The method of claim 1 wherein said nephro-disorder is a result of the administration of 3'-azido-3'-deoxythymidine (AZT), d4T (stavadine), ddI (didanosine), ddC (zalcitabine), 3TC (lamivudine), gentamicin, tobramicin, kanamicin, amikacin, vancamicin, amphotericin B or a combination thereof.
9. The method of claim 1, wherein said aminothiol compound is administered intravenously, subcutaneously, intramuscularly, intradermally, topically or orally.
10. The method of claim 1 wherein said human is a cancer patient, AIDS patient, diabetic, or hypertensive patient.
11. The method of claim 1 wherein said aminothiol compound is a compound of the formula:
or a pharmaceutically acceptable addition salt or hydrate thereof, wherein R.sub.1 is hydrogen, C.sub.5 -C.sub.7 aryl, C.sub.2 -C.sub.7 acyl, or C.sub.1 -C.sub.7 alkyl; R.sub.2 is hydrogen, PO.sub.3 H.sub.2 or R.sub.3 wherein R.sub.3 is R.sub.1 NH(CH.sub.2).sub.n NH(CH.sub.2).sub.m S--; n is an integer from 1 to 10; and m is an integer from 1 to 10.
12. The method of claim 11, wherein said compound is selected from the group consisting of WR-1065, WR-151326, WR-151327, WR-638, WR-3689, WR-2822, WR-2529, WR-77913, WR-255591, WR-2823, WR-255709 and salts or hydrates thereof.
13. The method of claim 1, wherein said aminothiol is amifostine.
14. The method of claim 1, wherein said aminothiol is WR-33278.
15. The method of claim 1, wherein said aminothiol is an active metabolite of WR-2721.
16. The method of claim 1, wherein said aminothiol is a prodrug of an active metabolite of WR-2721.
17. The method of claim 1, wherein said aminothiol is administered one or more days after the occurrence of said nephro-disorders.
18. The method of claim 1, wherein two or more aminothiol compounds are administered.
19. The method of claim 1, wherein the amount administered is from about 10 mg/m.sup.2 to about 2,000 mg/m.sup.2.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.