Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Film-coated tablet for improved upper gastrointestinal tract safety|
|Abstract:||A novel oral dosage to be delivered to the stomach comprising a safe and effective amount of an active ingredient selected from the group consisting of emepronium bromidebromide, doxycycline, and other tetracyclines/antibiotics, iron preparations, quinidine, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, alprenolol, ascorbic acid, captopril, theophylline, zidovoudine (AZT), bisphosphonates and mixtures thereof and pharmaceutically-acceptable excipients, wherein said oral dosage form is a generally oval form and film coated to facilitate rapid esophageal transit and avoid irritation in the mouth, buccal cavity, pharynx, and esophagus.|
|Inventor(s):||Dansereau; Richard John (Mason, OH), Bekker; Petrus Jakobus (Cincinnati, OH)|
|Assignee:||The Procter & Gamble Company (Cincinnati, OH)|
|Filing Date:||Oct 23, 2000|
|Claims:||1. An oral dosage form to be delivered to the stomach said dosage form comprising a safe and effective amount of alprenolol and pharmaceutically-acceptable excipients, wherein said oral dosage form is oval shaped, about 0.23 to about 0.85 inches in length, about 0.11 to about 0.4 inches in width, and about 0.075 to about 0.3 inches in thickness and said oral dosage form is film coated to facilitate rapid esophageal transit and avoid irritation in the mouth, buccal cavity, pharynx, and esophagus wherein said film coating allows for delivery of said alprenolol to the stomach. |
2. A dosage form according to claim 1 wherein the film coating is soluble at pH from about 1.2 to about 5.
3. A dosage form according to claim 2 wherein said film coating is selected from the group consisting of hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, hydroxypropylcellulose, carboxymethylcellulose, methylcellulose, ethylcellulose, acrylic resins, polyvinylpyrrolidone or gelatin or mixtures thereof.
4. A dosage form according to claim 1 wherein said film coating is selected from the group consisting of hydroxypropylmethylcellulose and hydroxypropylcellulose.
5. An oral dosage form according to claim 1 wherein said dosage form is a compressed tablet comprising particles of alprenolol and pharmaceutically-acceptable excipients.
6. An oral dosage form according to claim 5 wherein said particles of alprenolol are themselves film coated.
7. An oral dosage form according to claim 4 wherein the length is about 0.455 inches, the width of about 0.255 inches and the thickness about 0.157 inches.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.