Generated: May 29, 2017
|Title:||Non-antigenic branched polymer conjugates|
|Abstract:||Branched, substantially non-antigenic polymers are disclosed. Conjugates prepared with the polymers and biologically active molecules such as proteins and peptides demonstrate extended circulating life in vivo. Substantially fewer sites on the biologically active material are used as attachment sites. Methods of forming the polymer, conjugating the polymers with biologically active moieties and methods of using the conjugates are also disclosed.|
|Inventor(s):||Greenwald; Richard B. (Somerset, NJ), Martinez; Anthony J. (Hamilton Square, NJ)|
|Assignee:||Enzon, Inc. (Bridgewater, NJ)|
|Filing Date:||Apr 07, 2000|
|Claims:||1. A branched polymer comprising the formula: ##STR34## |
wherein (a) is from 1 to 5.
2. A method of preparing a branched substantially non-antigenic polymer, comprising providing a compound of the formula: ##STR35##
wherein: (a) is an integer of from about 1 to about 5; R.sub.2 is a spacer moiety selected from the group consisting of: --CO--NH--(CH.sub.2 --).sub.d X.sub.4 --, --CO--NH--(CH.sub.2 --CH.sub.2 --O--).sub.d H, ##STR36##
wherein (d) is an integer between about 1 and about 18 inclusive; and X.sub.4 is selected from the group consisting of OH, NH.sub.2, and COOH; and converting the terminal group of R.sub.2 into a functional group capable of bonding with a biologically active nucleophile.
3. The method of claim 2, wherein said functional group capable of bonding with a biologically active nucleophile is selected from the group consisting of carbonyl imidazole, aziactones, cyclic imide thiones, isocyanates, isothiocyanates, primary amines, hydrazines, acyl hydrazines, carbazates, semicarbazates, thiocarbazates and phenylglyoxals.
4. The method of claim 3, wherein said functional group capable of bonding with a biologically active nucleophile is a cyclic imide thione.
5. A polymer conjugate of the formula: ##STR37##
wherein (protein) is an antibody fragment.
6. The polymer conjugate of claim 5, wherein the molecular weight of said polymer is less than about 80,000 daltons.
7. The polymer conjugate of claim 5, wherein said polymer conjugate has a molecular weight of from about 200 to about 80,000 daltons.
8. The polymer conjugate of claim 5, wherein said polymer conjugate has a molecular weight of from about 2,000 to about 42,000 daltons.
9. The polymer conjugate of claim 5, wherein said polymer conjugate has a molecular weight of from about 5,000 to about 20,000 daltons.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.