Anticipate generic drug launch
Manage your formulary budget
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Find generic entry opportunities
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||High affinity nucleic acid ligands to lectins|
|Abstract:||This invention discloses high-affinity oligonucleotide ligands to lectins, specifically nucleic acid ligands having the ability to bind to the lectins, wheat germ agglutinin, L-selectin, E-selectin and P-selectin. Also disclosed are the methods for obtaining such ligands.|
|Inventor(s):||Parma; David H (Boulder, CO), Hicke; Brian (Boulder, CO), Bridonneau; Philippe (Boulder, CO), Gold; Larry (Boulder, CO)|
|Assignee:||Gilead Sciences, Inc. (Foster City, CA)|
|Filing Date:||May 04, 2001|
|Claims:||1. A method for treating a lectin-mediated disease comprising administering a pharmaceutically effective amount of a nucleic acid ligand to a lectin. |
2. The method of claim 1 wherein said nucleic acid ligand to a lectin is identified according to a method comprising: a) contacting a candidate mixture of nucleic acids with a lectin, wherein nucleic acids having an increased affinity to said lectin relative to the candidate mixture may be partitioned from the remainder of the candidate mixture; b) partitioning the increased affinity nucleic acids from the remainder of the candidate mixture; and c) amplifying the increased affinity nucleic acids to yield a mixture of nucleic acids enriched for nucleic acid sequences with relatively higher affinity and specificity for binding said lectin, whereby nucleic acid ligands of said lectin may be identified.
3. The method of claim 1 wherein said lectin is a selectin.
4. The method of claim 3 wherein said selectin is L-selectin.
5. The method of claim 3 wherein said selectin is P-selectin.
6. The method of claim 4 wherein said nucleic acid ligand to a lectin is selected from the group consisting of SEQ ID NO: 67-117, 129-196, and 293-388.
7. The method of claim 5 wherein said nucleic acid ligand to a lectin is selected from the group consisting of SEQ ID NO: 199-247, and 251-290.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.