Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Use of inhibitors of cyclooxygenase in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases|
|Abstract:||The present invention provides a method of treating a neurodegenerative disease and in particular Alzheimers disease which comprises administering to a human in need thereof a therapeutically effective amount of a non-steroid COX-II inhibitor. Although a wide range of COX-II inhibitors may be employed but it is preferred to employ compounds of the Formula I: ##STR1##|
|Inventor(s):||Ducharme; Yves (Montreal, CA), Gauthier; Jacques Yves (Laval, CA), Prasit; Petpiboon (Kirkland, CA), Leblanc; Yves (Kirkland, CA), Wang; Zhaoyin (Pierrefonds, CA), Leger; Serge (Dollard des Ormeaux, CA), Therien; Michel (Dollard des Ormeaux, CA)|
|Assignee:||Merck Frosst Canada, Inc. (Kirkland, CA)|
|Filing Date:||Feb 28, 2001|
|Claims:||1. A method of treating pre-senile dementia associated with Alzheimer's disease in a human in need of such treatment which comprises administering to said human an effective amount of a non-steroidal COX-2 inhibitor, wherein said non-steroidal COX-2 inhibitor will bind at least 100 times as well to COX-2 as to COX-1. |
2. A method according to claim 1 wherein the administration is oral administration.
3. A method according to claim 2 wherein the non-steroidal COX-2 inhibitor is within a tablet or capsule.
4. A method of treating senile dementia in a human in need of such treatment which comprises administering to said human an effective amount of a non-steroidal COX-2 inhibitor, wherein said non-steroidal COX-2 inhibitor will bind at least 100 times as well to COX-2 as to COX-1.
5. A method according to claim 4 wherein the administration is oral administration.
6. A method according to claim 5 wherein the non-steroidal COX-2 inhibitor is within a tablet or capsule.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.