DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
|Title:||Antiretroviral enantiomeric nucleotide analogs|
|Abstract:||Resolved enantiomers of the formula ##STR1## wherein B is a purine or pyrimidine base or aza and/or deaza analogs thereof are useful in antiviral pharmaceutical compositions to treat retroviral infections.|
|Inventor(s):||Holy; Antonin (Prague, CZ), Dvorakova; Hana (Prague, CZ), DeClercq; Erik Desire Alice (Lovenjoel, BE), Balzarini; Jan Marie Rene (Heverlee, BE)|
|Assignee:||Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic (CZ) N/A (BE) Rega Stichting, V.Z.W. (N/A)|
|Filing Date:||Feb 08, 2000|
|Claims:||1. A compound of the formula: ##STR13## |
as the enriched or resolved (S) enantiomer.
2. A compound of the formula: ##STR14##
wherein LvO is a leaving group, as a racemate or as the enriched or resolved enantiomers.
3. The compound of claim 2 wherein Lv is toluenesulfonyl.
4. The compound of claim 2 which is the enriched or resolved (R) enantiomer.
5. The compound of claim 2 which is the enriched or resolved (S) enantiomer.
6. A compound of the formula: ##STR15##
as the enriched or resolved (R)enantiomer.