|Title:||Use of hyaluronan in gene therapy|
|Abstract:||A method of treating a human suffering a disease or condition caused by a gene, cDNA or RNA-DNA oligonucleotide or RNA-DNA oligonucleotide hybrids or messenger RNA implicated in a disease or condition involving cells that express hyaluronic acid receptors is provided, the method comprising administering to such human, an effective dosage amount of a pharmaceutical composition comprising an effective amount of a form of hyaluronic acid selected from hyaluronic acid and/or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof associated with/bound with an effective amount of anti-sense to the gene, cDNA or RNA-DNA oligonucleotide or RNA-DNA oligonucleotide hybrids or messenger RNA implicated in the disease or condition in a suitable pharmaceutically acceptable diluent.|
|Inventor(s):||Turley; Eva A (Toronto, CA), Asculai; Samuel S (Toronto, CA)|
|Assignee:||Meditech Research, Ltd. (West Perth, AU)|
|Filing Date:||Jun 16, 1997|
|Claims:||1. A method of enhancing uptake of a nucleic acid by a cell comprising contacting said cell with a composition comprising a nucleic acid associated with or bound to hyaluronic acid or a salt thereof. |
2. The method of claim 1 wherein the hyaluronic acid or salt thereof has a molecular weight less than 750,000 daltons but greater than about 150,000 daltons.
3. The method of claim 1 wherein the composition is sterile.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein said composition further comprises an excipient.
5. The method of claim 1 wherein the hyaluronic acid or salt thereof has a molecular weight less than 750,000 daltons.
6. The method of claim 5 wherein the hyaluronic acid has a molecular weight greater than about 150,000 daltons.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein the cell expresses hyaluronic acid receptors and wherein the hyaluronic acid or salt thereof binds to the cell and effects targeted delivery of the nucleic acid.
8. The method of claim 7, wherein the cell is a cancer cell.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.