Generated: May 29, 2017
|Title:||Water soluble prodrugs of hindered alcohols|
|Abstract:||The present invention is directed to novel water-soluble prodrugs of aliphatic or aromatic hindered hydroxyl group containing pharmaceuticals.|
|Inventor(s):||Stella; Valentino J. (Lawrence, KS), Zygmunt; Jan J. (Longmont, CO), Georg; Ingrid Gunda (Lawrence, KS), Safadi; Muhammad S. (Nazareth, IL)|
|Assignee:||University of Kansas (Lawrence, KS)|
|Filing Date:||Dec 08, 2000|
|Claims:||1. A compound selected from the group consisting of: ##STR54## |
wherein Z is selected from the group consisting of hydrogen, alkali metal ion, and amine; and derivatives and analogues thereof and pharmaceutically acceptable salts thereof.
2. The compound according to claim 1, wherein each Z is independently selected from the group consisting of sodium, tromethamine, triethanolamine, triethylamine, arginine, lysine, ethanolamine and N-methylglucamine.
3. A pharmaceutical composition, comprising: an effective amount of a compound according to claim 1; and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
4. A process for preparing a compound of claim 1, comprising: removing a phosphono protecting group from a compound according to one of ##STR55## wherein Y is the phosphono protecting group; and recovering the product.
5. A method of treatment which comprises administering to a patient in need thereof an effective amount of a compound according to claim 1.
6. The method according to claim 5, wherein said compound is administered orally.
7. The method according to claim 5, wherein said compound is administered parenterally.
8. A camptothecin analogue according to claim 1 selected from the group consisting of Topotecan, Irinotecan, 9-Aminocamptothecin, 9-Nitrocamptothecin and 10-hydroxycamptothecin.
9. A camptothecin derivative according to claim 1 selected from the group consisting of (20)-O-phosphonoxymethylcamptothecin, (20)-O-phosphonoxymethylcamptothecin mono- or di-sodium salt, (20)-O-phosphonoxymethylcamptothecin mono- or di-potassium salt, (20)-O-phosphonoxymethylcamptothecin mono- or di-arginine salt, (20)-O-phosphonoxymethylcamptothecin mono- or di-lysine salt, (20)-O-phosphonoxymethylcamptothecin mono- or di-N-methylglucamine salt and (20)-O-phosphonoxymethylcamptothecin mono- or di-triethanolamine salt.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.