Anticipate generic drug launch
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Find generic entry opportunities
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Human growth hormone aqueous formulation|
|Abstract:||A stable pharmaceutically acceptable aqueous formulation containing human growth hormone, a buffer, a non-ionic surfactant, and, optionally, a neutral salt, mannitol, or, a preservative, is disclosed. Also disclosed are associated methods for preparing, storing, and using such formulations.|
|Inventor(s):||O'Connor; Barbara H. (San Carlos, CA), Oeswein; James Q. (Moss Beach, CA)|
|Assignee:||Genentech, Inc. (South San Francisco, CA)|
|Filing Date:||Jun 25, 1999|
|Claims:||1. A stable aqueous formulation of human growth hormone comprising: a) 1 mg/ml to 20 mg/ml human growth hormone; b) buffer providing pH 5.5 to pH 7; c) 0.1% w/v to 1 % w/v nonionic surfactant; and d) mannitol; wherein said aqueous formulation is free of glycine and is stable upon storage for 6 to 18 months at 2 to 8.degree. C. |
2. The formulation of claim 1 further comprising a preservative.
3. The formulation of claim 2 wherein said preservative is selected from the group consisting of phenol, benzyl alcohol, meta-cresol, methyl paraben, propyl paraben, benzalkonium chloride, and benzethonium chloride.
4. The formulation of claim 3 wherein said preservative is phenol.
5. The formulation of claim 3 wherein the concentration of phenol in the formulation is 0.2% (w/v) to 0.4% (w/v).
6. The formulation of claim 1 which further comprises neutral salt.
7. The formulation of claim 1 wherein the concentration of mannitol in said formulation is 5 mg/ml to 50 mg/ml.
8. The formulation of claim 1 wherein said buffer is selected from the group consisting of citrate, phosphate, Tris, succinate, and histidine buffers.
9. The formulation of claim 8 wherein said buffer is citrate buffer.
10. The formulation of claim 8 wherein said buffer is histidine buffer.
11. The formulation of claim 1 wherein the non-ionic surfactant is poloxamer or polysorbate.
12. A method of making a storage stable aqueous formulation of human growth hormone comprising mixing said human growth hormone and an aqueous, pharmaceutically acceptable vehicle which includes a) said human growth hormone at a concentration of 1 mg/ml to 20 mg/ml; b) buffer providing pH 5.5 to pH 7; c) 0.1% w/v to 1% w/v nonionic surfactant; and d) mannitol; wherein said aqueous formulation is free of glycine and is stable upon storage for 6 to 18 months at 2 to 8.degree. C.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.