Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Manage your formulary budget
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Crystalline form of 4-[5-methyl-3-phenylisoxazol-4-yl] benzenesulfonamide|
|Abstract:||A stable crystalline form of 4-[5-methyl-3-phenylisoxazol-4-yl]benzenesulfonamide is described. This crystal structure, designated Form B, is more stable, has favorable handling properties and is characterized by its melting point, x-ray and other physical characterizations.|
|Inventor(s):||Talley; John J (Brentwood, MO), Medich; John R (Curnee, IL), McLaughlin; Kathleen T (Arlington Heights, IL), Gaud; Henry T (Evanston, IL), Yonan; Edward E (Carol Stream, IL)|
|Assignee:||G.D. Searle & Co. (Chicago, IL)|
|Filing Date:||Dec 19, 2000|
|Claims:||1. A crystalline form of 4-[5-methyl-3-phenylisoxazol-4-yl]benzenesulfonamide having a melting point of about 170-174.degree. C. |
2. A form of claim 1 having an IR spectrum with the following peaks: 1170, 925, 844, and 729 cm.sup.-1.
3. A form of claim 1 having an IR spectrum without a significant peak at 723 cm.sup.-1.
4. A form of claim 1 having an x-ray powder diffraction pattern with the following peaks: 12.221, 15.447, 17.081, 19.798 and 23.861.
5. A pharmaceutical composition comprising a therapeutically-effective amount of crystalline Form B of 4-[5-methyl-3-phenylisoxazol-4-yl]benzenesulfonamide in association with at least one pharmaceutically-acceptable carrier, adjuvant or diluent.
6. A method of treating a cyclooxygenase-2 associated disorder in a subject, said method comprising treating the subject having or susceptible to said disorder with a therapeutically-effective amount of the crystalline Form B of 4-[5-methyl-3-phenylisoxazol-4-yl]benzenesulfonamide.
7. The method of claim 6 for use in treatment of inflammation.
8. The method of claim 6 for use in treatment of arthritis.
9. The method of claim 6 for use in treatment of pain.
10. The method of claim 6 for use in treatment of fever.
11. A method of preparing crystals of claim 1 comprising dissolving 4-[5-methyl-3-phenylisoxazol-4-yl]benzenesulfonamide in an alcohol based solvent system form a solution and slowly cooling the solution.
12. The method of claim 11 wherein the solvent system comprises one or more solvents selected from methanol, isopropanol, aqueous methanol and aqueous ethanol.
13. The method of claim 11 wherein the crystals are recrystallized from a mixture of isopropanol and methanol.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.