Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Local anesthetic methods and kits|
|Abstract:||Methods of reversing local anesthesia are disclosed. The methods comprise administering a local anesthetic and alpha adrenergic receptor agonist to induce local anesthesia followed by reversing anesthesia with a low dose of an alpha adrenergic receptor antagonist. Also disclosed are kits comprising a local anesthetic, an alpha adrenergic receptor agonist and a low dose of an alpha adrenergic receptor antagonist.|
|Inventor(s):||Weber; Eckard (San Diego, CA), Katz; Howard I. (La Jolla, CA)|
|Assignee:||Novalar Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (DE)|
|Filing Date:||May 11, 2001|
|Claims:||1. A kit comprising a carrier means having in close confinement therein two or more container means, wherein a first container means contains an anesthetic agent and optionally an alpha adrenergic receptor agonist and a second container means contains a low dose of an alpha adrenergic receptor antagonist effective to reverse anesthesia in an animal caused by said anesthetic agent. |
2. The kit of claim 1, wherein said anesthetic agent and said alpha adrenergic receptor agonist are in said first container means.
3. The kit of claim 1, wherein said anesthetic agent and said alpha adrenergic receptor agonist are in separate container means.
4. The kit of claim 1, wherein said container means is a carpule.
5. The kit of claim 1, wherein said anesthetic agent is polocaine, said adrenergic receptor agonist is levonordefrin, and said alpha adrenergic receptor antagonist is phentolainine mesylate.
6. The kit of claim 1, wherein said alpha adrenergic receptor antagonist is phentolamine mesylate at a dose of about or less than 0.25 mg.
7. The kit of claim 1, wherein said alpha adrenergic receptor antagonist is phentolamine mesylate at a dose of about 0.08 mg.
8. The kit of claim 1, wherein said low dose of an alpha adrenergic receptor antagonist is about or less than 0.25 mg.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.