Generated: May 28, 2017
|Title:||Cyclosporin galenic forms|
|Abstract:||Pharmaceutical compositions comprising a cyclosporin as active ingredient, a fatty acid triglyceride, a glycerol fatty acid partial ester or propylene glycol or sorbitol complete or partial ester, preferably, and a tenside having an HLB of at least 10.|
|Inventor(s):||Cavanak; Thomas (Biel-Benken, CH)|
|Assignee:||Novartis AG (Basel, CH)|
|Filing Date:||Apr 19, 2000|
|Claims:||1. A pharmaceutical composition for oral administration comprising cyclosporin A as active ingredient in a carrier medium comprising sorbitol mono-, di-, tri-, and tetra-esters of a fatty acid, wherein the fatty acid is obtained from vegetable oil. |
2. The composition according to claim 1 wherein the vegetable oil is selected from the group consisting of corn oil, almond oil, ground-nut oil, olive oil, palm oil, and combinations thereof.
3. The composition according to claim 2 wherein the vegetable oil is olive oil.
4. The composition according to claim 1 which additionally comprises ethanol.
5. The composition according to claim 1 wherein the carrier medium comprises free sorbitol.
6. The composition according to claim 1 wherein the composition is contained in a capsule.
7. A pharmaceutical composition for oral administration comprising cyclosporin A as active ingredient in a carrier medium comprising a reaction product of a natural or hydrogenated castor oil and ethylene oxide; and sorbitol mono-, di-, tri-, and tetra-esters of a fatty acid, wherein the fatty acid is obtained from vegetable oil.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.