Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Scintigraphic imaging agents|
|Abstract:||This invention provides scintigraphic imaging agents and reagents for preparing said agents, methods for radiolabeling said reagents and kits containing non-radioactive reagents and other components for the convenient preparation of the scintigraphic imaging agents. More specifically, the invention provides scintigraphic imaging agents that are radiolabeled compounds which bind with high affinity to GPIIb/IIIa receptors on activated platelets and using such radiolabeled compounds derivatives to image sites in a mammalian body.|
|Inventor(s):||Lister-James; John (Bedford, NH), Dean; Richard T. (Bedford, NH)|
|Assignee:||Berlex Laboratories, Inc. (Montville, NJ)|
|Filing Date:||Sep 27, 1996|
|Claims:||1. A reagent having a formula: ##STR36## |
2. A scintigraphic imaging agent comprising the reagent of claim 1 and Tc-99m.
3. A scintigraphic imaging agent formed by reacting the reagent of claim 1 with Tc-99m in the presence of a reducing agent.
4. The scintigraphic imaging agent of claim 3, wherein the reducing agent is selected from the group consisting of a stannous ion, a ferrous ion and a dithionite ion.
5. A scintigraphic imaging agent formed by labeling the reagent of claim 1 with Tc-99m by ligand exchange of a pre-reduced Tc-99m complex.
6. A kit for preparing a scintigraphic imaging agent, said kit comprising a sealed vial containing a predetermined quantity of the reagent of claim 1 and a sufficient amount of a reducing agent to label the reagent with Tc-99m.
7. A method of imaging a thrombus within a mammalian body comprising the steps of administering an effective diagnostic amount of the scintigraphic imaging agent of claim 2 and detecting radioactivity localized at said thrombus.
8. A composition comprising a reagent having a formula: ##STR38##
9. A composition comprising a reagent having a formula: ##STR39##
10. A composition comprising a reagent having a formula: ##STR40##
11. A composition comprising a reagent having a formula: ##STR41##
12. A composition comprising a reagent having a formula: ##STR42##
13. A composition comprising a reagent having a formula: ##STR43##
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.