Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Find generic entry opportunities
Manage your formulary budget
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Tricyclic compounds, their production and use|
|Abstract:||A compound of the formula: ##STR1## wherein R.sup.1 is an optionally substituted hydrocarbon, amino or heterocyclic group; R.sup.2 is H or an optionally substituted hydrocarbon group; R.sup.3 is H or an optionally substituted hydrocarbon or heterocyclic group; X is CHR.sup.4, NR.sup.4, O or S in which R.sup.4 is H or an optionally substituted hydrocarbon group; Y is C, CH or N; ring A is optionally substituted 5- to 7-membered ring; ring B is an optionally substituted benzene ring; and m is 1 to 4, or a salt thereof, a process for producing it, an intermediate for the production and a pharmaceutical composition comprising it are provided.|
|Inventor(s):||Ohkawa; Shigenori (Osaka, JP), Uchikawa; Osamu (Hyogo, JP), Fukatsu; Kohji (Hyogo, JP), Miyamoto; Masaomi (Hyogo, JP)|
|Assignee:||Takeda Chemical Industries, Ltd. (Osaka, JP)|
|Filing Date:||May 10, 1999|
|Claims:||1. N-[2-(1,6,7,8-tetrahydro-2H-indeno[5,4-b]furan-8-yl)ethyl]acetamide or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof. |
2. (E)-2-(1,6,7,8-tetrahydro-2H-indeno[5,4-b]furan-8-ylidene)ethylamine or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
3. 2-(1,6,7,8-Tetrahydro-2H-indeno[5,4-b]furan-8-yl]ethylamine or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
4. A pharmaceutical composition which comprises a compound or salt as claimed in any one of claims 1-3 and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
5. A composition as claimed in claim 4 wherein said compound or said salt has a binding affinity for melatonin receptor.
6. Method for treating or preventing disorders related to the action of melatonin in mammals which comprises administrating to a subject in need thereof a therapeutically effective amount of a composition as claimed in claim 5.
7. A method as claimed in claim 6 which regulates circadian rhythm.
8. A method as claimed in claim 6 which regulates sleep-awake rhythm.
9. A method as claimed in claim 6 which regulates time zone change syndrome.
10. A method as claimed in claim 6 which treats or prevents sleep disorders.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.