DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
|Title:||Tricyclic compounds, their production and use|
|Abstract:||A compound of the formula: ##STR1## wherein R.sup.1 is an optionally substituted hydrocarbon, amino or heterocyclic group; R.sup.2 is H or an optionally substituted hydrocarbon group; R.sup.3 is H or an optionally substituted hydrocarbon or heterocyclic group; X is CHR.sup.4, NR.sup.4, O or S in which R.sup.4 is H or an optionally substituted hydrocarbon group; Y is C, CH or N; ring A is optionally substituted 5- to 7-membered ring; ring B is an optionally substituted benzene ring; and m is 1 to 4, or a salt thereof, a process for producing it, an intermediate for the production and a pharmaceutical composition comprising it are provided.|
|Inventor(s):||Ohkawa; Shigenori (Osaka, JP), Uchikawa; Osamu (Hyogo, JP), Fukatsu; Kohji (Hyogo, JP), Miyamoto; Masaomi (Hyogo, JP)|
|Assignee:||Takeda Chemical Industries, Ltd. (Osaka, JP)|
|Filing Date:||May 10, 1999|
|Claims:||1. N-[2-(1,6,7,8-tetrahydro-2H-indeno[5,4-b]furan-8-yl)ethyl]acetamide or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof. |
2. (E)-2-(1,6,7,8-tetrahydro-2H-indeno[5,4-b]furan-8-ylidene)ethylamine or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
3. 2-(1,6,7,8-Tetrahydro-2H-indeno[5,4-b]furan-8-yl]ethylamine or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
4. A pharmaceutical composition which comprises a compound or salt as claimed in any one of claims 1-3 and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
5. A composition as claimed in claim 4 wherein said compound or said salt has a binding affinity for melatonin receptor.
6. Method for treating or preventing disorders related to the action of melatonin in mammals which comprises administrating to a subject in need thereof a therapeutically effective amount of a composition as claimed in claim 5.
7. A method as claimed in claim 6 which regulates circadian rhythm.
8. A method as claimed in claim 6 which regulates sleep-awake rhythm.
9. A method as claimed in claim 6 which regulates time zone change syndrome.
10. A method as claimed in claim 6 which treats or prevents sleep disorders.