Anticipate generic drug launch
Manage your formulary budget
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Find generic entry opportunities
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Salts of 8,9-dehydroestrone sulfate ester|
|Abstract:||This invention presents alkali metal salts of 8,9-dehydroestrone, salts of its sulfate ester, and stable compositions thereof, as well as processes for their production and use in estrogen replacement therapy and cardiovascular protection.|
|Inventor(s):||Raveendranath; Panolil C. (Plattsburgh, NY), Wichtowski; John A. (Middletown, CT)|
|Assignee:||American Home Products Corporation (Madison, NJ)|
|Filing Date:||Feb 18, 1993|
|Claims:||1. A pharmaceutically acceptable alkaline earth metal, ammonium or amine salt of 8,9-dehydroestrone-3-sulfate ester free from other estrogenic steroids, wherein the amine of said salt is selected from the group consisting of an alkylamine of 1 to 6 carbon atoms and a dialkylamine in which each alkyl group has, independently, 1 to 6 carbon atoms. |
2. A compound of claim 1 which is calcium 8,9-dehydroestrone-3-sulfate.
3. A compound of claim 1 which is magnesium 8,9-dehydroestrone-3-sulfate.
4. A compound of claim 1 which is ammonium 8,9-dehydroestrone-3-sulfate.
5. A compound of claim 1 which is an alkylamine salt of 8,9-dehydroestrone-3-sulfate in which the alkyl moiety of the amine contains 1 to 6 carbon atoms.
6. A compound of claim 5 which is the ethylamine salt of 8,9-dehydroestrone-3-sulfate.
7. A compound of claim 1 which is a dialkylamine salt of 8,9-dehydroestrone-3-sulfate in which each of the alkyl moieties of the amine contain 1 to 6 carbon atoms.
8. A compound of claim 7 which is the dimethylamine salt of 8,9-dehydroestrone-3-sulfate.
9. A method for the treatment of atherosclerosis which comprises administering to a patient in need of anti-atherosclerotic treatment, an effective amount of a salt of 8,9-dehydroestrone sulfate ester.
10. A method of claim 9 in which said salt of 8,9-dehydroestrone sulfate ester is the calcium, magnesium, ammonium, alkylamine or dialkylamine salt in which each of the alkyl groups of said amines contain from 1 to 6 carbon atoms.
11. A method of removing arterial lesions attending the development of atherosclerosis which comprises administering, orally, or parenterally, to a patient suffering from atherosclerosis, a pharmaceutical composition containing an anti-atherosclerotic amount of a salt of 8,9-dehydroestrone sulfate ester.
12. A method of claim 11 in which said salt of 8,9-dehydroestrone sulfate ester is the calcium, magnesium, ammonium, alkylamine or dialkylamine salt in which each of the alkyl groups of said amines contain from 1 to 6 carbon atoms.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.