Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Boronic ester and acid compounds, synthesis and uses|
|Abstract:||Disclosed herein is a method for reducing the rate of degradation of proteins in an animal comprising contacting cells of the animal with certain boronic ester and acid compounds. Also disclosed herein are novel boronic ester and acid compounds, their synthesis and uses.|
|Inventor(s):||Adams; Julian (Brookline, MA), Ma; Yu-Ting (Needham, MA), Stein; Ross (Sudbury, MA), Baevsky; Matthew (Jamaica Plain, MA), Grenier; Louis (Belmont, MA), Plamondon; Louis (Belmont, MA)|
|Assignee:||ProScript, Inc. (N/A)|
|Filing Date:||May 26, 1998|
|Claims:||1. A compound having the formula: ##STR51## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof; wherein P is an amino protecting group; |
A is 1;
B.sup.1 is CH;
X.sup.1 is --C(O)--NH--;
X.sup.2 is --C(O)--NH--;
R is hydrogen or alkyl;
R.sup.1 is hydrogen, C.sub.1-8 alkyl, C.sub.3-10 cycloalkyl, C.sub.6-10 aryl, or --CH.sub.2 --R.sup.5, where the ring portion of said aryl can be optionally substituted;
R.sup.2 is naphthylmethyl, pyridylmethyl or quinolinylmethyl;
R.sup.3 is C.sub.4 alkyl;
R.sup.5 is one of C.sub.6-10 aryl, C.sub.6-10 ar(C.sub.1-6)alkyl, C.sub.1-6 alk(C.sub.6-10)aryl, C.sub.3-10 cycloalkyl, C.sub.1-8 alkoxy or --W--R.sup.6, where W is a chalcogen and R.sup.6 is alkyl, where the ring portion of any of said aryl, aralkyl, or alkaryl can be optionally substituted; and
Z.sup.1 and Z.sup.2 are independently one of hydroxy, alkoxy, or aryloxy, or together Z.sup.1 and Z.sup.2 form a moiety derived from a dihydroxy
compound having at least two hydroxy groups separated by at least two connecting atoms in a chain or ring, said chain or ring comprising carbon atoms and, optionally, a heteroatom or heteroatoms which can be N, S, or O.
2. A compound of claim 1, wherein P is R.sup.7 --(O)-- or R.sup.7 --O--C(O)-- and R.sup.7 is alkyl, cycloalkyl, aryl or aralkyl.
3. A compound of claim 2, wherein P is acetyl, benzoyl, benzyloxycarbonyl or tert-butoxycarbonyl.
4. A compound of claim 1, wherein P is R.sup.7 --C(O)--, and R.sup.7 is quinolinyl, pyrazinyl, pyridyl, quinoxalinyl or N-morpholinyl.
5. A compound of claim 1, wherein R.sup.3 is isobutyl.
6. A compound of claim 1, wherein R.sup.2 is naphthylmethyl.
7. N-Acetyl-L-leucine-.beta.-(1-naphthyl)-L-alanine-L-leucine boronic acid or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt or boronate ester therof.
8. A pharmaceutical composition comprising a compound of claim 1, or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt or boronate ester thereof, and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier or diluent.
9. A method for reducing the rate of muscle protein degradation in a cell comprising contacting said cell with a compound of claim 1.
10. A method for reducing the activity of NF-.kappa.B in a cell comprising contacting said cell with a compound of claim 1.
11. A method for reducing the rate of intracellular protein breakdown comprising contacting cells with a compound of claim 1.
12. A method of preventing or treating an inflammatory condition in a patient in need thereof, said method comprising administering to said patient a compound of claim 1.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.