Anticipate generic drug launch
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Find generic entry opportunities
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Radiolabeled somatostatin-derived peptides for imaging and therapeutic uses|
|Abstract:||This invention relates to therapeutic reagents and peptides, including radiotherapeutic reagents and peptides, radiodiagnostic reagents and peptides, and methods for producing labeled radiodiagnostic agents. Specifically, the invention relates to cyclic peptide derivatives and analogs of somatostatin, and embodiments of such peptides radiolabeled with a radioisotope, as well as methods and kits for making, radiolabeling and using such peptides for radiodiagnostic and radiotherapeutic purposes. The invention specifically relates to cyclic peptide derivatives and analogues of somatostatin radiolabeled with technetium-99m and uses thereof as scintigraphic imaging agents. The invention also specifically relates to cyclic peptide derivatives and analogues of somatostatin radiolabeled with cytotoxic radioisotopes such as rhenium-186 (.sup.186 Re) and rhenium-188 (.sup.188 Re) for use as radiotherapeutic agent Methods and kits for making, radiolabeling and using such peptides diagnostically and therapeutically in a mammalian body are also provided.|
|Inventor(s):||Dean; Richard T. (Bedford, NH), Lister-James; John (Bedford, NH), McBride; William (Summit, NJ)|
|Assignee:||Diatide, Inc (Londonderry, NH)|
|Filing Date:||May 06, 1996|
|Claims:||1. A composition comprising a peptide having a formula selected from the group consisting of: |
2. The composition of claim 1, wherein the peptide has the formula:
3. The composition of claim 1, wherein the peptide has the formula:
4. A radiotherapeutic agent comprising the composition of claim 1, wherein the peptide is radiolabeled with a radioisotope selected from the group consisting of scandium-47, copper-67, gallium-72, yttrium-90, tin-117m, iodine-125, iodine-131, samarium-153, gadolinium-159, dysprosium-165, holmium-166, ytterbium-175, lutetium-177, rhenium-186, rhenium-188, astatine-211, and bismuth-212.
5. A method for alleviating a somatostatin-related disease in an animal, comprising the step of administering a therapeutically effective amount of the agent of claim 4 to the animal.
6. The method of claim 5, wherein the animal is a human.
7. A scintigraphic imaging agent comprising the composition of any of claims 1, 2, or 3 and a radioisotope selected from the group consisting of gallium-68, technetium-99m, indium-111, and iodine-123.
8. The agent of claim 7, wherein the radioisotope is technetium-99m.
9. A method for imaging a site within a mammalian body comprising the steps of administering an effective diagnostic amount of the agent of claim 7; and detecting the radioisotope localized at the site.
10. A method for imaging a site within a mammalian body comprising the steps of administering an effective diagnostic amount of the agent of claim 8; and detecting the radioisotope localized at the site.
11. The composition of any of claims 1, 2, or 3, further comprising a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
12. The composition of any of claims 1, 2, or 3, further comprising a stannous ion.
13. A kit for preparing a radiopharmaceutical preparation, said kit comprising a sealed vial containing a predetermined quantity of the composition of claim 11.
14. A kit for preparing a radiopharmaceutical preparation, said kit comprising a sealed vial containing a predetermined quantity of the composition of claim 12.
15. A composition comprising a complex formed by reacting the radiotherapeutic agent of claim 4 with a non-radioactive metal.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.