|Title:|| Pyridine derivatives having anti-ulcerative activity|
|Abstract:||Pyridine derivatives useful for preventing or treating peptic ulcers, pharmaceutical preparations and methods of treating peptic ulcers are described.|
|Inventor(s):|| Souda; Shigeru (Ushiku, JP), Ueda; Norihiro (Niihari-gun, JP), Miyazawa; Shuhei (Toride, JP), Tagami; Katsuya (Niihari-gun, JP), Nomoto; Seiichiro (Ushiku, JP), Okita; Makoto (Tsuchiura, JP), Shimomura; Naoyuki (Niihari-gun, JP), Kaneko; Toshihiko (Tsukuba-gun, JP), Fujimoto; Masatoshi (Tsukuba-gun, JP), Murakami; Manabu (Rockville, MD), Oketani; Kiyoshi (Tsukuba-gun, JP), Fujisaki; Hideaki (Niihari-gun, JP), Shibata; Hisashi (Tsuchiura, JP), Wakabayashi; Tsuneo (Mito, JP) |
|Assignee:|| Eisai Co., Ltd. (JP) |
|Filing Date:||Jul 09, 1996|
|Claims:||1. A compound of the formula: ##STR174## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof. |
2. A pharmaceutical composition for the prevention or treatment of peptic ulcer comprising an effective amount of a compound of claim 1 together with a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
3. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1 containing 0.1 to 100 grams of said compound per dose.
4. A method of treating or preventing peptic ulcers in a person requiring same comprising administering to that person a peptic ulcer alleviating or preventing amount of the composition of claim 1.
5. The method of claim 4, in which from 0.1 to 200 mg/kg/day is administered.
6. The method of claim 5, in which from 0.05 to 5 mg/kg/day is administered.
7. The method of claim 6, in which from 0.1 to 10 mg/kg/day is administered.