Generated: April 28, 2017
|Title:||Synthesis of cyclic peptides|
|Abstract:||A process for preparing and purifying cyclic peptides having disulfide moieties in a two step processing operation including reverse phase chromatography which simplifies synthesis and reduces production costs, yet produces high, quality yield. The improved process is particularly useful for the preparation of vasopressin and oxytocin and their respective derivatives and analogs.|
|Inventor(s):||Andersson; Lars Henrik Harald (Lund, SE), Skoldback; Jan-Ake (Malmo, SE)|
|Assignee:||Ferring B.V. (Hoofddorp, SE)|
|Filing Date:||Nov 10, 1997|
|Claims:||1. A method for preparing and purifying cyclic peptide compounds containing a disulfide moiety, comprising: |
a) forming a first solution by adding to a protic solvent at neutral or acidic pH, a non-cyclic peptide containing at least two reactive, protected or non-protected sulfhydryl groups;
b) forming a second solution of iodine dissolved in a protic solvent;
c) introducing said second solution containing iodine to said first solution containing said non-cyclic peptide such that the amount of iodine present in the resulting mixture is at least about stoichiometric with respect to the sulfhydryl groups;
d) allowing the mixture resulting from step (c) sufficient time for disulfide moiety formation and conversion of said non-cyclic peptide to said cyclic peptide compound;
e) subjecting the mixture from step (d) containing said cyclic peptide compound directly to reverse phase chromatography followed by separation in a column containing cation exchange resin;
f) eluting said cyclic peptide compound; and
g) isolating said cyclic peptide compound.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein said non-cyclic peptide in its protonated form has an acidity constant (pK.sub.a) of approximately 7.5 or higher.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein said non-cyclic peptide in its protonated form has an acidity constant (pK.sub.a) of approximately 10 or higher.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein said non-cyclic peptide in its protonated form has an acidity constant (pK.sub.a) of approximately 12 or higher.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein said non-cyclic peptide is:
.beta.-mercapto-propionyl-Tyr-Phe-Gln-Asn-Cys-Pro-D-Arg-Gly-NH.sub.2 (SEQ ID NO:1).
6. The method of claim 1, wherein said non-cyclic peptide is:
.beta.-acetamido-methylmercapto-propionyl-Tyr-Phe-Gln-Asn-Cys-(S-acetamido- methyl)-Pro-D-Arg-Gly-NH.sub.2 (SEQ ID NO: 2).
7. The method of claim 1, wherein said disulfide moiety formation reaction (d) is carried out below approximately 50.degree. C.
8. The method of claim 1, wherein said second solution (b) contains a stoichiometry excess of iodine.
9. The method of claim 1, wherein said isolated cyclic peptide compound is selected from the group consisting of vasopressin and oxytocin.
10. The method of claim 1, wherein said isolated cyclic peptide compound is: ##STR9## where: Hmp is 2-hydroxy-3-mercaptopropionic acid, and
Dab is 2,4-diaminobutyric acid.
11. The method of claim 1, wherein said isolated cyclic peptide compound is: ##STR10## where: Hmp is 2-hydroxy-3-mercaptopropionic acid,
Hgn is homoglutamine, and
Dab(Abu) denotes: ##STR11##
12. The method of claim 1, wherein said isolated cyclic peptide compound is a peptide comprising the structural element: where n is 3 or 4.
13. The method of claim 12, wherein the isolated cyclic peptide compound is lysylvasopressin having the following structure: ##STR12##
14. The method of claim 12, wherein the isolated cyclic peptide compound is triglycylvasopressin having the following structure:
15. The method of claim 1, wherein said isolated cyclic peptide compound includes the structural element:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.