Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||N-terminally chemically modified protein compositions and methods|
|Abstract:||Provided herein are methods and compositions relating to the attachment of water soluble polymers to proteins. Provided are novel methods for N-terminally modifying proteins or analogs thereof, and resultant compositions, including novel chemically modified G-CSF compositions and related methods of preparation. Also provided is chemically modified consensus interferon.|
|Inventor(s):||Kinstler; Olaf B. (Thousand Oaks, CA), Gabriel; Nancy E. (Newbury Park, CA), Farrar; Christine E. (Newbury Park, CA), DePrince; Randolph B. (Raleigh, NC)|
|Assignee:||Amgen Inc. (Thousand Oaks, CA)|
|Filing Date:||Jun 20, 1997|
|Claims:||1. A substantially homogenous preparation of N-terminally PEGylated consensus interferon, said preparation being essentially free of consensus interferon PEGylated at sites other than the N-terminus. |
2. A method for attaching a polyethylene glycol molecule to a consensus interferon molecule, wherein said polyethylene glycol molecule has a single reactive aldehyde group, said method comprising:
(a) reacting said consensus interferon with said polyethylene glycol molecule under reducing alkylation conditions, at a pH sufficiently acidic to selectively activate the .alpha.-amino group at the amino terminus of said consensus interferon; and
(b) obtaining the pegylated consensus interferon and
(c) optionally, separating the pegylated consensus interferon from non-pegylated consensus interferon.
3. A method of claim 2 wherein said polyethylene glycol molecule has a molecular weight of about 2 kDa to about 100 kDa.
4. The pegylated consensus interferon product produced by the process of claim 2.
5. A preparation of claim 1 comprising about 90% monoPEGylated consensus interferon and about 10% unPEGylated consensus interferon.
6. A pharmaceutical composition comprising: (a) a substantially homogenous preparation of monoPEGylated consensus interferon, said monoPEGylated consensus interferon consisting of a polyethylene glycol moiety connected to a consensus interferon moiety solely at the N-terminus thereof via an amine linkage; (b) fewer than 5% nonPEGylated consensus interferon molecules; and (c) a pharmaceutically acceptable diluent, adjuvant or carrier.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.