Generated: April 29, 2017
|Title:||High affinity nucleic acid ligands of cytokines|
|Abstract:||Methods are described for the identification and preparation of high-affinity nucleic acid ligands to cytokines. Included in the invention are specific nucleic acid ligands to IFN-gamma, IL-4, IL-10, TNF-alpha, and RANTES.|
|Inventor(s):||Tasset; Diane (Boulder, CO), Pagratis; Nikos (Boulder, CO), Jayasena; Sumedha (Boulder, CO), Gold; Larry (Boulder, CO)|
|Assignee:||NeXstar Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Boulder, CO)|
|Filing Date:||Jun 07, 1995|
|Claims:||1. A method of identifying nucleic acid ligands to a cytokine selected from the group consisting of interleukin-10 (IL-10), interleukin-4 (IL-4), tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) and Regulated on Activation, Normal T-cell Expressed and Secreted (RANTES), comprising: |
a) preparing a candidate mixture of nucleic acids;
b) contacting the candidate mixture of nucleic acids with said cytokine, wherein nucleic acids having an increased affinity to said cytokine relative to the candidate mixture may be partitioned from the remainder of the candidate mixture;
c) partitioning the increased affinity nucleic acids from the remainder of the candidate mixture; and
d) amplifying the increased affinity nucleic acids to yield a mixture of nucleic acids enriched for nucleic acid sequences with relatively higher affinity and specificity for binding to said cytokine, whereby nucleic acid ligands of said cytokine may be identified.
2. The method of claim 1 further comprising:
e) repeating steps b), c), and d).
3. The method of claim 1 wherein said candidate mixture of nucleic acids is comprised of single stranded nucleic acids.
4. The method of claim 3 wherein said single stranded nucleic acids are ribonucleic acids.
5. The method of claim 4 wherein said nucleic acids are 2'-amino (2'-NH.sub.2) modified ribonucleic acids.
6. The method of claim 4 wherein said nucleic acids are 2'-fluoro (2'-F) modified ribonucleic acids.
7. The method of claim 3 wherein said single stranded nucleic acids are deoxyribonucleic acids.
8. The method of claim 1 wherein said cytokine is IL-10.
9. The method of claim 1 wherein said cytokine is IL-4.
10. The method of claim 1 wherein said cytokine is TNF-alpha.
11. The method of claim 1 wherein said cytokine is RANTES.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.