Generated: April 28, 2017
|Abstract:||Compounds of the formula ##STR1## and their salts, in which R.sub.1, is a C.sub.1 -C.sub.7 aliphatic hydrocarbon radical; X.sub.1 is --CO; X.sub.2 is a divalent aliphatic hydrocarbon radical which comprises an ethyl group and an alkylene of 2 to 6 carbon atoms; R.sub.2 is hydroxy, carboxy or alkoxycarbonyl in which alkoxy is from 1 to 7 carbon atoms; X.sub.3 is a divalent aliphatic hydrocarbon; R.sub.3 is carboxyl or 5-tetrazolyl; and the rings A and B independently of one another are otherwise unsubstituted; can be prepared in a known manner and may be used as active ingredients for medicaments.|
|Inventor(s):||Buhlmayer; Peter (Arlesheim, CH), Ostermayer; Franz (Riehen, CH), Schmidlin; Tibur (Basel, CH)|
|Assignee:||Novartis Corporation (Summit, NJ)|
|Filing Date:||Jul 29, 1998|
|Claims:||1. A compound of the formula: ##STR11## in which R1 is alkyl of 1 to 7 carbon atoms; |
R2 is hydroxy, carboxy, or alkoxycarbonyl in which alkoxy having from 1 to 7 carbon atoms;
R3 is carboxy or 1H-tetrazol-5-yl; and
X.sub.4 and X.sub.5 taken together are alkylene of 2 to 6 carbon atoms, or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
2. The compound according to claim 1 in which
R1 is CH.sub.3 CH.sub.2 CH.sub.2 --, CH.sub.3 CH.sub.2 CH.sub.2 CH.sub.2 --, or CH.sub.3 CH.sub.2 CH.sub.2 CH.sub.2 CH.sub.2 --;
R2 is --COOH, --COOCH.sub.3, or --COOCH.sub.2 CH.sub.3 ; and
X.sub.4 and X.sub.5 taken together are --(CH.sub.2).sub.4 -- or --(CH.sub.2).sub.5 --.
3. The compound according to claim 1 in which R1 is CH.sub.3 CH.sub.2 CH.sub.2 CH.sub.2 -- and X.sub.4 and X.sub.5 taken together are --(CH.sub.2).sub.4 --.
4. The compound according to claim 1 in which R1 is CH.sub.3 CH.sub.2 CH.sub.2 CH.sub.2 -- and X.sub.4 and X.sub.5 taken together are --(CH.sub.2).sub.5 --.
5. A pharmaceutical composition comprising a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier and a compound according to claim 1.
6. A method of treating hypertension in a warm blooded animal comprising administering to an animal in need of such treatment an effective amount of a compound according to claim 1.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.