Manage your formulary budget
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Peptide-metal chelate conjugates|
|Abstract:||This invention relates to diagnostic and radiodiagnostic agents, including radiolabeled scintigraphic imaging agents, and therapeutic and radiotherapeutic agents. The invention provides such agents and reagents for preparing such agents, and methods for producing and using such reagents. Specifically, the invention provides radiolabeled imaging agents and non-radioactively labeled imaging agents for imaging sites in a mammalian body and reagents for preparing these imaging agents. The invention also provides radiolabeled therapeutic agents, as well as non-radioactively labeled therapeutic agents, and reagents and methods for preparing these agents. The agents and reagents provided comprise a specific binding peptide, covalently linked to a metal ion-complexing moiety. Reagents, methods and kits for making such reagents, methods for labeling such reagents, and methods for using such labeled reagents are provided.|
|Inventor(s):||Dean; Richard T. (Bedford, NH)|
|Assignee:||Diatide, Inc. (Londonderry, NH)|
|Filing Date:||Mar 13, 1998|
|Claims:||1. A pharmaceutical composition comprising: |
a) a somatostatin receptor-binding peptide having a formula:
X is a metal ion complexing moiety having formula
B is a thiol-containing moiety that is cysteine, homocysteine, isocysteine, or penicillamine;
(amino acid).sub.n and (amino acid).sub.m are each independently any primary .alpha.- or .beta.-amino acid that does not comprise a thiol group;
Z is --OH or --NH.sub.2 ;
n is an integer between 2 and 5; and
m is an integer between 0 and 5; and
b) a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
2. The composition of claim 1, further comprising a metal ion bound to the metal ion complexing moiety.
3. The composition of claim 2, wherein the metal ion is selected from the group consisting of a radioactive metal ion, a paramagnetic metal ion, a nonradioactive metal ion, and a superparamagnetic particle.
4. The composition of claim 3, wherein the metal ion is a radioactive metal ion selected from the group consisting of a beta-particle emitting metal ion, a conversion electron emitting metal ion, and a gamma emitting metal ion.
5. The composition of claim 4, wherein the radioactive metal ion is a beta-particle emitting metal ion selected from the group consisting of rhenium-186 and rhenium-188.
6. The composition of claim 4, wherein the radioactive metal ion is a conversion emitting metal ion.
7. The composition of claim 6, wherein the metal ion is tin-117m.
8. The composition of claim 4, wherein the radioactive metal ion is a gamma emitting metal ion selected from the group consisting of iodine-125, iodine-131, and astatine-211.
9. The composition of claim 3, wherein the metal ion is a paramagnetic metal ion selected from the group consisting of iron and copper.
10. The composition of claim 3, wherein the metal ion is a nonradioactive metal ion selected from the group consisting of copper, zinc, tin, and rhenium.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.