Generated: May 1, 2017
|Title:||Levobupivacaine for managing chronic pain|
|Abstract:||The present invention concerns the use of levobupivacaine for the treatment of chronic pain in a patient. Levobupivacaine used in the subject methods is substantially free of dexbupivacaine. The methods of the invention can be used, for example, to treat pain in patients that are cardiac compromised, suffering from central nervous system damage or cancer.|
|Inventor(s):||Bardsley; Hazel Judith (Cambridge, GB), Mather; Laurence (Sidney, AU)|
|Assignee:||Darwin Discovery Ltd. (GB)|
|Filing Date:||Jul 22, 1996|
|Claims:||1. A method for treating chronic pain in a human patient, said method comprising administration of an effective amount of levobupivacaine or a salt thereof, to said patient, wherein said levobupivacaine is substantially free of dexbupivacaine. |
2. The method, according to claim 1, wherein the patient has cancer.
3. The method, according to claim 1, wherein the patient is concomitantly treated with an opioid.
4. The method, according to claim 1, wherein the patient is cardiac-compromised.
5. The method, according to claim 1, wherein the pain is of more than 2 days duration.
6. The method, according to claim 5, wherein the duration is at least 30 days.
7. The method, according to claim 5, wherein the duration is at least 60 days.
8. The method, according to claim 1, wherein the levobupivacaine is in at least 90% enantiomeric excess with respect to dexbupivacaine.
9. The method, according to claim 1, wherein said pain is post-operative pain.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.