Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Anticipate generic drug launch
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Find generic entry opportunities
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Manage your formulary budget
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||R-enantiomer of N-propargyl-1-aminoindan for the treatment of dementia|
|Abstract:||This invention relates to the use of R(+)-N-propargyl-1-aminoindan and pharmaceutically acceptable salts thereof for the treatment of dementia.|
|Inventor(s):||Youdim; Moussa B.H. (Haifa, IL), Finberg; John P.M. (Tivon, IL), Levy; Ruth (Tel-Aviv, IL), Yellin; Haim (Ramat-Gan, IL)|
|Assignee:||Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (Jerusalem, IL) Technion Research and Development Foundation, Ltd. (Haifa, IL)|
|Filing Date:||Jun 06, 1995|
|Claims:||1. A method of treating a subject for dementia which comprises administering to the subject a pharmaceutical composition consisting essentially of R(+)-N-propargyl-1-aminoindan or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof in an amount effective to treat the subject and a carrier. |
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the dementia is dementia of the Alzheimer type.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the dementia is senile dementia.
4. The method of claim 3, wherein the senile dementia is senile dementia of the Alzheimer type.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the R(+)-N-propargyl-1-aminoindan or pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof is administered orally or rectally.
6. The method of claim 5, wherein the amount administered is from about 0.1 milligram to about 100 milligrams.
7. The method of claim 6, wherein the amount administered is from about 1 milligram to about 10 milligrams.
8. The method of claim 1, wherein the R(+)-N-propargyl-1-aminoindan or pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof is administered parenterally.
9. The method of claim 8, wherein the amount administered is from about 0.1 milligram per milliliter to about 100 milligrams per milliliter.
10. The method of claim 9, wherein the amount administered is from about 1 milligram per milliliter to about 10 milligrams per milliliter.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.