Generated: May 29, 2017
|Title:||19-nor-vitamin D compounds|
|Abstract:||This invention provides a novel class of vitamin D-related compounds, namely the 1c-hydroxy-19-nor-vitamin D analogs, as well as a general method for their chemical synthesis. The compounds exhibit pronounced activity in arresting the proliferation of undifferentiated cells, including malignant cells, and in inducing their differentiation, and thus represent novel therapeutic agents for the treatment of malignant and other diseases characterized by the proliferative growth of undifferentiated cells. Formulations for therapeutic use and treatment methods are also provided.|
|Inventor(s):||DeLuca; Hector F. (Deerfield, WI), Schnoes; Heinrich K. (Madison, WI), Perlman; Kato L. (Madison, WI), Sicinski; Rafal R. (Warsaw, PL), Prahl; Jean Martin (Madison, WI)|
|Assignee:||Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation (Madison, WI)|
|Filing Date:||Apr 25, 1996|
|Claims:||1. A compound having the formula ##STR9## where X.sup.1 and X.sup.2 are each selected from hydrogen, acyl, alkylsilyl and alkoxyalkyl, and where R is selected from hydroxyalkyl, said hydroxyalkyl having from 2 to 3 carbon atoms. |
2. A pharmaceutical composition comprising at least one compound having the formula ##STR10## wherein X.sup.1 and X.sup.2 are each selected from hydrogen, acyl, alkylsilyl and alkoxyalkyl, and where R is selected from alkyl, hydrogen, hydroxyalkyl, fluoroalkyl and a side chain of the formula ##STR11## wherein R.sup.1 represents hydrogen, hydroxy or O-acyl, R.sup.2 and R.sup.3 are each selected from alkyl, hydroxyalkyl and fluoroalkyl, or, when taken together represent the group--(CH.sub.2).sub.m --where m is an integer having a value of from 2 to 5, R.sup.4 is selected from hydrogen, hydroxy, fluorine, O-acyl, alkyl, hydroxyalkyl and fluoroalkyl, R.sup.5 is selected from hydrogen, fluorine, alkyl, hydroxyalkyl and fluoroalkyl, or R.sup.4 and R.sup.5 taken together represent double-bonded oxygen, R.sup.6 and R.sup.7 are each selected from hydrogen, hydroxy, O-acyl, fluorine and alkyl, or, R.sup.6 and R.sup.7 taken together form a carbon-carbon double bond, and wherein n is an integer having a value of from 1 to 5 and wherein any of the groups--CH(CH.sub.3)--, --CH(R.sup.7)--, or CH(R.sup.6)--at positions 20, 22 and 23, respectively, may be replaced by an oxygen atom, with the proviso that when n is 2 to 5 each R.sup.4 is independently selected from hydrogen, hydroxy, fluorine, O-acyl, alkyl, hydroxyalkyl and fluoroalkyl, and each R.sup.5 is independently selected from hydrogen, fluorine, alkyl, hydroxyalkyl and fluoroalkyl.
3. A pharmaceutical composition according to claim 2 wherein the compound is in a solid or liquid vehicle ingestible by and non-toxic to mammals.
4. A pharmaceutical composition in accordance with claim 2 where the compound is 1.alpha., 25-dihydroxy-19-nor-vitamin D.sub.3.
5. A pharmaceutical composition in accordance with claim 2 where the compound is 1.alpha.-hydroxy-19-nor-vitamin D.sub.3.
6. A pharmaceutical composition in accordance with claim 2 where the compound is .alpha., 25-dihydroxy-19-nor-vitamin D.sub.2.
7. A pharmaceutical composition in accordance with claim 2 where the compound is 1.alpha.-hydroxy-19nor-vitamin D.sub.2.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.