|Title:||Method of treating erectile dysfunction with nitroglycerine|
|Abstract:||Lipophilic active substance composition and its use in a new method of treating erectile dysfunction by administration of nitroglycerine together with a hydrophilic vehicle and optionally an antibacterial agent into the urethra.|
|Inventor(s):||Kock; Nils G. (S-413 19, Goteborg, SE), Lycke; Gerhard (S-421 67 Vastra Frolunda, SE)|
|Filing Date:||Jun 07, 1995|
|Claims:||1. A method of treating erectile dysfunction wherein a composition comprising a therapeutically effective amount of nitroglycerine and a hydrophilic vehicle is administered into the urethra. |
2. A method according to claim 1, wherein said composition additionally comprises vasoactive intestinal polypeptide.
3. A method according to claim 1, wherein nitroglycerine is administered in an amount of at most 5 mg.
4. A method according to claim 1 wherein nitroglycerine is administered in an amount of 0.5-1.5 mg.
5. A method according to claim 1, wherein said composition is administered into the urethra in a volume of 1-6 ml.
6. A method according to claim 1, wherein said composition additionally comprises a prostaglandin.
7. A method according to claim 1, wherein said composition additionally comprises an .alpha.-receptor blocker.
8. A method according to claim 7, wherein said .alpha.-receptor blocker is selected from the group consisting of phentolamine, phenoxybenzamine and prazosine.
9. A method according to claim 1, wherein the active substance is administered by instillation.
10. A method according to claim 1 wherein said method additionally comprises administering an antibacterial agent into the urethra.
11. A method according to claim 6 wherein said prostaglandin is prostaglandin E.sub.1.
12. A method according to claim 6 wherein said prostaglandin is prostaglandin E.sub.2.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.