Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
|Title:||High-affinity oligonucleotide ligands to vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)|
|Abstract:||Methods are described for the identification and preparation of nucleic acid ligand ligands to vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF). Included in the invention are specific RNA ligands to VEGF identified by the SELEX method.|
|Inventor(s):||Janjic; Nebojsa (Boulder, CO), Gold; Larry (Boulder, CO)|
|Assignee:||NeXstar Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Boulder, CO)|
|Filing Date:||Apr 25, 1994|
|Claims:||1. A method of identifying nucleic acid ligands to vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), comprising: |
a) contacting a candidate mixture of nucleic acids with VEGF, wherein nucleic acids having an increased affinity to VEGF relative to the candidate mixture may be partitioned from the remainder of the candidate mixture;
b) partitioning the increased affinity nucleic acids from the remainder of the candidate mixture; and
c) amplifying the increased affinity nucleic acids to yield a ligand enriched mixture of nucleic acids, whereby nucleic acid ligands to VEGF may be identified.
2. The method of claim 1 wherein said candidate mixture of nucleic acids is comprised of single stranded nucleic acids.
3. The method of claim 2 wherein said single stranded nucleic acids are ribonucleic acids.
4. The method of claim 1 further comprising:
d) repeating steps a), b), c).
5. The method of claim 3 wherein said candidate mixture of nucleic acids comprises 2' position modified pyrimidines.
6. The method of claim 5 wherein said modified pyrimidines are 2 NH.sub.2 modified pyrimidines.