|Title:||Compositions containing a form of hyaluronic acid and a medicinal agent for treating acne in mammals and methods for administration of such composition|
|Abstract:||A combination for administration to a mammal which combination employs a therapeutically effective amount of a medicinal and/or therapeutic agent to treat a disease or condition and an amount of hyaluronic acid and/or salts thereof and/or homologues, analogues, derivatives, complexes, esters, fragments and subunits of hyaluronic acid sufficient to facilitate the agent's penetration through the tissue (including scar tissue) at the site to be treated, through the cell membranes into the individual cells to be treated.|
|Inventor(s):||Falk; Rudolf Edgar (Toronto, CA), Asculai; Samuel S. (Toronto, CA)|
|Assignee:||Hyal Pharmaceutical Corporation (Mississauga, CA)|
|Filing Date:||Jun 05, 1995|
|Claims:||1. A method of treating acne in a patient in need thereof comprising topically administering to skin affected with acne, a composition comprising a therapeutically effective amount of a drug useful for treating acne, and 10 mg to 1000 mg of a form of hyaluronic acid selected from the group consisting of hyaluronic acid and a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, wherein the form of hyaluronic acid has a molecular weight less than 750,000 daltons but greater than 150,000 daltons. |
2. The method of claim 1 wherein the drug useful for treating acne is selected from the group consisting of antibiotics, antibacterials, antimicrobials, and combinations thereof, optionally together with ascorbic acid.
3. The method of claim 2 wherein the form of hyaluronic acid is sodium hyaluronate in an amount between 10 mg and 1000 mg.
4. A pharmaceutical composition for targeting a drug selected from the group consisting of antibiotics, antibacterials, and antimicrobials to a site of underperfused or pathological tissue in a patient, comprising (a) a therapeutically effective dosage amount of the drug, and (b) a form of hyaluronic acid selected from the group consisting of hyaluronic acid and a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, wherein the form of hyaluronic acid has a molecular weight less than 750,000 daltons but greater than 150,000 daltons, and wherein the composition provides 10 mg to 1000 mg of the form of hyaluronic acid per said dosage amount.
5. The composition of claim 4 wherein the composition provides 200 mg to 1000 mg of sodium hyaluronate.
6. The composition of claim 4 wherein the composition further comprises ascorbic acid.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.