DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
|Title:||N-terminally chemically modified protein compositions and methods|
|Abstract:||Provided herein are methods and compositions relating to the attachment of water soluble polymers to proteins. Provided are novel methods for N-terminally modifying proteins or analogs thereof, and resultant compositions, including novel N-terminally chemically modified G-CSF compositions and related methods of preparation. Also provided is chemically modified consensus interferon.|
|Inventor(s):||Kinstler; Olaf B. (Thousand Oaks, CA), Gabriel; Nancy E. (Newbury Park, CA), Farrar; Christine E. (Newbury Park, CA), DePrince; Randolph B. (Raleigh, NC)|
|Assignee:||Amgen Inc. (Thousand Oaks, CA)|
|Filing Date:||Oct 12, 1994|
|Claims:||1. A substantially homogenous preparation of N-terminally PEGylated G-CSF or analog thereof, optionally in a pharmaceutically acceptable diluent, carrier or adjuvant, said preparation being essentially free of G-CSF or analog thereof PEGylated at sites other than the N-terminus. |
2. A preparation of claim 1 wherein the polyethylene glycol used for conjugation has a molecular weight of between about 2 kDa and 100 kDa.
3. A preparation of claim 2 wherein said polyethylene glycol has a molecular weight of between about 6 kDa and 25 kDa.
4. A preparation of claim 1 wherein said preparation is comprised of at least 90% N-terminally monoPEGylated G-CSF or analog thereof and at most 10% unPEGylated G-CSF or analog thereof.
5. A preparation of claim 4 wherein said preparation is comprised of at least 95% N-terminally monoPEGylated G-CSF or analog thereof and at most 5% unPEGylated G-CSF or analog thereof.
6. A preparation of claim 1 whererein said G-CSF has the sequence identified in SEQ. ID No. 1.
7. A substantially homogenous preparation of N-terminally monoPEGylated G-CSF, optionally in a pharmaceutically acceptable diluent, carrier or adjuvant, wherein: (a) said G-CSF has the amino acid sequence identified in SEQ. ID No. 1; (b) said G-CSF is monoPEGylated with a polyethylene glycol moiety having a molecular weight of between about 6 kDa and about 25 kDa.
8. A pharmaceutical composition comprising: (a) a substantially homogenous preparation of monoPEGylated G-CSF, said monoPEGylated G-CSF consisting of a polyethylene glycol moiety having a molecular weight of about 6 kDa and about 25 kDa connected to a G-CSF moiety solely at the N-terminus thereof via an amine linkage; (b) fewer than 5% non-PEGylated G-CSF molecules; and (c) a pharmaceutially acceptable diluent, adjuvant or carrier.
9. A method of treating a hematopoietic disorder comprising administering a therapeutically effective dose of a preparation of any one of claims 1-8.
10. A method for attaching a polyethylene glycol molecule to a G-CSF molecule, wherein said polyethylene glycol molecule has a single reactive aldehyde group, said method comprising:
(a) reacting said G-CSF with said polyethylene glycol molecule under reducing alkylation conditions, at a pH sufficiently acidic to selectively activate the alpha-amino group at the amino terminus of said G-CSF; and
(b) obtaining the pegylated G-CSF and
(c) optionally, separating the PEGylated G-CSF from from non-PEGylated G-CSF.
11. A method of claim 10 wherein said polyethylene glycol molecule has a molecular weight of about 6 kDa to about 25 kDa.
12. The PEGylated G-CSF product produced by the process of claim 10.