Manage your formulary budget
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Find generic entry opportunities
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||N-terminally chemically modified protein compositions and methods|
|Abstract:||Provided herein are methods and compositions relating to the attachment of water soluble polymers to proteins. Provided are novel methods for N-terminally modifying proteins or analogs thereof, and resultant compositions, including novel N-terminally chemically modified G-CSF compositions and related methods of preparation. Also provided is chemically modified consensus interferon.|
|Inventor(s):||Kinstler; Olaf B. (Thousand Oaks, CA), Gabriel; Nancy E. (Newbury Park, CA), Farrar; Christine E. (Newbury Park, CA), DePrince; Randolph B. (Raleigh, NC)|
|Assignee:||Amgen Inc. (Thousand Oaks, CA)|
|Filing Date:||Oct 12, 1994|
|Claims:||1. A substantially homogenous preparation of N-terminally PEGylated G-CSF or analog thereof, optionally in a pharmaceutically acceptable diluent, carrier or adjuvant, said preparation being essentially free of G-CSF or analog thereof PEGylated at sites other than the N-terminus. |
2. A preparation of claim 1 wherein the polyethylene glycol used for conjugation has a molecular weight of between about 2 kDa and 100 kDa.
3. A preparation of claim 2 wherein said polyethylene glycol has a molecular weight of between about 6 kDa and 25 kDa.
4. A preparation of claim 1 wherein said preparation is comprised of at least 90% N-terminally monoPEGylated G-CSF or analog thereof and at most 10% unPEGylated G-CSF or analog thereof.
5. A preparation of claim 4 wherein said preparation is comprised of at least 95% N-terminally monoPEGylated G-CSF or analog thereof and at most 5% unPEGylated G-CSF or analog thereof.
6. A preparation of claim 1 whererein said G-CSF has the sequence identified in SEQ. ID No. 1.
7. A substantially homogenous preparation of N-terminally monoPEGylated G-CSF, optionally in a pharmaceutically acceptable diluent, carrier or adjuvant, wherein: (a) said G-CSF has the amino acid sequence identified in SEQ. ID No. 1; (b) said G-CSF is monoPEGylated with a polyethylene glycol moiety having a molecular weight of between about 6 kDa and about 25 kDa.
8. A pharmaceutical composition comprising: (a) a substantially homogenous preparation of monoPEGylated G-CSF, said monoPEGylated G-CSF consisting of a polyethylene glycol moiety having a molecular weight of about 6 kDa and about 25 kDa connected to a G-CSF moiety solely at the N-terminus thereof via an amine linkage; (b) fewer than 5% non-PEGylated G-CSF molecules; and (c) a pharmaceutially acceptable diluent, adjuvant or carrier.
9. A method of treating a hematopoietic disorder comprising administering a therapeutically effective dose of a preparation of any one of claims 1-8.
10. A method for attaching a polyethylene glycol molecule to a G-CSF molecule, wherein said polyethylene glycol molecule has a single reactive aldehyde group, said method comprising:
(a) reacting said G-CSF with said polyethylene glycol molecule under reducing alkylation conditions, at a pH sufficiently acidic to selectively activate the alpha-amino group at the amino terminus of said G-CSF; and
(b) obtaining the pegylated G-CSF and
(c) optionally, separating the PEGylated G-CSF from from non-PEGylated G-CSF.
11. A method of claim 10 wherein said polyethylene glycol molecule has a molecular weight of about 6 kDa to about 25 kDa.
12. The PEGylated G-CSF product produced by the process of claim 10.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.