|Title:||Technetium-99m labeled peptides for imaging comprising a single thiol moiety|
|Abstract:||The invention elates to radiolabeled imaging of a mammalian body. The invention in particular provides for reagents labeled with technetium-99m for such imaging. The invention provides peptides which bind Tc-99m and which can be targeted to specific sites within a mammalian body.|
|Inventor(s):||Dean; Richard T. (Bedford, NH), McBride; William (Manchester, NH), Buttram; Scott (Derry, NH)|
|Assignee:||Diatide, Inc. (Londonderry, NH)|
|Filing Date:||Jun 05, 1995|
|Claims:||1. A compound comprising: |
a) a peptide having between 4 and 100 amino acid residues; and
b) covalently linked to the peptide, a radioisotope complexing group comprising a single reduced thiol moiety that is:
A is H or HOOC;
B is H, SH, or NHR", where R" is H or lower alkyl;
X is SH or NHR", where R" is H or lower alkyl;
R and R' are independently H or lower alkyl;
n is 0, 1 or 2; and
where B is NHR", X is SH and n is 1 or 2;
where X is NHR", B is SH and n is 1 or 2;
where B is H, A is HOOC, X is SH and n is 0 or 1;
wherein the compound is capable of imaging target sites within a mammalian body when labeled with technetium-99m.
2. The compound according to claim 1 wherein the peptide and the complexing group are covalently linked through one or more amino acids.
3. The compound according to claim 1 wherein the peptide is chemically synthesized in vitro.
4. The compound according to claim 3 wherein the peptide is synthesized by solid phase peptide synthesis.
5. The compound according to claim 3 wherein the complexing group is covalently linked to the peptide during in vitro chemical synthesis.
6. The compound according to claim 4 wherein the completing group is covalently linked to the peptide during solid phase peptide synthesis.