Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Technetium-99m labeled peptides for imaging comprising a single thiol moiety|
|Abstract:||The invention elates to radiolabeled imaging of a mammalian body. The invention in particular provides for reagents labeled with technetium-99m for such imaging. The invention provides peptides which bind Tc-99m and which can be targeted to specific sites within a mammalian body.|
|Inventor(s):||Dean; Richard T. (Bedford, NH), McBride; William (Manchester, NH), Buttram; Scott (Derry, NH)|
|Assignee:||Diatide, Inc. (Londonderry, NH)|
|Filing Date:||Jun 05, 1995|
|Claims:||1. A compound comprising: |
a) a peptide having between 4 and 100 amino acid residues; and
b) covalently linked to the peptide, a radioisotope complexing group comprising a single reduced thiol moiety that is:
A is H or HOOC;
B is H, SH, or NHR", where R" is H or lower alkyl;
X is SH or NHR", where R" is H or lower alkyl;
R and R' are independently H or lower alkyl;
n is 0, 1 or 2; and
where B is NHR", X is SH and n is 1 or 2;
where X is NHR", B is SH and n is 1 or 2;
where B is H, A is HOOC, X is SH and n is 0 or 1;
wherein the compound is capable of imaging target sites within a mammalian body when labeled with technetium-99m.
2. The compound according to claim 1 wherein the peptide and the complexing group are covalently linked through one or more amino acids.
3. The compound according to claim 1 wherein the peptide is chemically synthesized in vitro.
4. The compound according to claim 3 wherein the peptide is synthesized by solid phase peptide synthesis.
5. The compound according to claim 3 wherein the complexing group is covalently linked to the peptide during in vitro chemical synthesis.
6. The compound according to claim 4 wherein the completing group is covalently linked to the peptide during solid phase peptide synthesis.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.