Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Anticipate generic drug launch
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Tetrasubstituted 2-(2,6-dioxopiperidin-3-yl)-1-oxoisoindolines and method of reducing TNF.alpha. levels|
|Abstract:||Tetrasubstituted 1-oxo-2-(2,6-dioxopiperidin-3-yl)isoindolines reduce the levels of TNF.alpha. in a mammal. A typical embodiment is 1-oxo-2-(2,6-dioxopiperidin-3-yl)-4,5,6,7-tetrafluoroisoindoline.|
|Inventor(s):||Muller; George W. (Bridgewater, NJ), Stirling; David I. (Branchburg, NJ), Chen; Roger Shen-Chu (Edison, NJ)|
|Assignee:||Celgene Corporation (Warren, NJ)|
|Filing Date:||Aug 22, 1996|
|Claims:||1. A compound of the formula: ##STR6## in which each of R.sup.1, R.sup.2, R.sup.3, and R.sup.4, independently of the others, is halo, alkyl of 1 to 4 carbon atoms, or alkoxy of 1 to 4 carbon atoms. |
2. The compound according to claim 1 in which R.sup.1, R.sup.2, R.sup.3, and R.sup.4 are the same and each is chloro, fluoro, methyl, or methoxy.
3. The compound according to claim 2 which is 1-oxo-2-(2,6-dioxopiperidin-3-yl)-4,5,6,7-tetrafluoroisoindoline.
4. The compound according to claim 2 which is 1-oxo-2-(2,6-dioxopiperidin-3-yl)-4,5,6,7-tetrachloroisoindoline.
5. The compound according to claim 2 which is 1-oxo-2-(2,6-dioxopiperidin-3-yl)-4,5,6,7-tetramethylisoindoline.
6. The compound according to claim 2 which is 1-oxo-2-(2,6-dioxopiperidin-3-yl)-4,5,6,7-tetramethoxyisoindoline.
7. The method of reducing undesirable levels of TNF.alpha. in a mammal which comprises administering thereto an effective amount of a compound according to claim 1.
8. A pharmaceutical composition comprising a quantity of a compound according to claim 1 sufficient upon administration in a single or multiple dose regimen to reduce levels of TNF.alpha. in a mammal in combination with a carrier.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.