Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Find generic entry opportunities
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Manage your formulary budget
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Methods for regulating gastrointestinal motility|
|Abstract:||Methods for treating conditions associated with elevated, inappropriate or undesired post-prandial blood glucose levels are disclosed which comprise administration of an effective amount of an amylin agonist alone or in conjunction with other anti-gastric emptying agents. Methods for reducing gastric motility and delaying gastric emptying for therapeutic and diagnostic purposes are also described.|
|Inventor(s):||Kolterman; Orville G. (Poway, CA), Rink; Timothy J. (La Jolla, CA)|
|Assignee:||Amylin Pharmaceuticals Inc. (San Diego, CA)|
|Filing Date:||Jun 05, 1995|
|Claims:||1. A method of treating gastric hypomotility in a subject comprising administering to said subject a therapeutically effective amount of an amylin antagonist. |
2. A method of accelerating gastric emptying in a subject comprising administering to said subject a therapeutically effective amount of an amylin antagonist.
3. The method of claim 1 or 2 wherein said hypomotility is a consequence of diabetic neuropathy.
4. The method of claim 1 or 2 wherein said hypomotility is a consequence of anorexia nervosa.
5. A method according to any of claims 1-4 wherein said amylin antagonist is an amylin receptor antagonist.
6. A method according to claim 5 wherein said amylin antagonist is acetyl-.sup.11,18 Arg, .sup.30 Asn, .sup.32 Tyr-.sup.9-32 calcitonin(salmon) [SEQ. ID. NO.3].
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.