Find generic entry opportunities
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
Manage your formulary budget
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
|Abstract:||Novel N-alkyl derivatives of deoxygalactonojirimycin are provided in which said alkyl contains from 3-6 carbon atoms. These novel compounds are useful for selectively inhibiting glycolipid synthesis.|
|Inventor(s):||Platt; Frances M. (Oxford, GB), Neises; Gabrielle R. (Chesterfield, MO), Dwek; Raymond A. (Oxford, GB), Butters; Terry D. (Oxford, GB)|
|Assignee:||Monsanto Company (St. Louis, MO)|
|Filing Date:||Jan 17, 1996|
|Claims:||1. The method of inhibiting the biosynthesis of glycolipids in cells capable of producing glycolipids comprising subjecting said cells to a glycolipid inhibitory effective amount of an N-alkyl derivative of deoxygalactonojirimycin in which said alkyl contains from 3-6 carbon atoms. |
2. The method of claim 1 in which the alkyl group contains from 4-6 carbon atoms.
3. The method of claim 2 in which the alkyl group is butyl.
4. The method of claim 2 in which the alkyl group is hexyl.
5. The method of claim 1 in which the inhibitory effective amount is from about 50 .mu.M to about 500 .mu.M.
6. The method of claim 1 in which the glycolipid is a glucoceramide based glycosphingolipid.
7. The method of claim 1 in which the glycolipid is a lysosomal glycolipid.
8. The method of claim 1 in which the glycolipid is a glucoceramide accumulating in cells affected with Gaucher's disease.