|Title:||High affinity nucleic acid ligands to lectins|
|Abstract:||This invention discloses high-affinity oligonucleotide ligands to lectins, specifically nucleic acid ligands having the ability to bind to the lectins, wheat germ agglutinin, L-selectin, E-selectin and P-selectin. Also disclosed are the methods for obtaining such ligands.|
|Inventor(s):||Parma; David H. (Boulder, CO), Hicke; Brian (Boulder, CO), Bridonneau; Philippe (Boulder, CO), Gold; Larry (Boulder, CO)|
|Assignee:||NeXstar Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Boulder, CO)|
|Filing Date:||Jun 07, 1995|
|Claims:||1. A method for identifying nucleic acid ligands and nucleic acid ligand sequences to a lectin comprising: |
a) contacting a candidate mixture of nucleic acids with a lectin, wherein nucleic acids having an increased affinity to said lectin relative to the candidate mixture may be partitioned from the remainder of the candidate mixture;
b) partitioning the increased affinity nucleic acids from the remainder of the candidate mixture; and
c) amplifying the increased affinity nucleic acids to yield a mixture of nucleic acids enriched for nucleic acid sequences with relatively higher affinity and specificity for binding to said lectin, whereby nucleic acid ligands to said lectin may be identified.
2. The method of claim 1 further comprising:
d) repeating steps a), b) and c).
3. The method of claim 1 wherein said candidate mixture is comprised of single-stranded nucleic acids.
4. The method of claim 3 wherein said single-stranded nucleic acids are ribonucleic acids.
5. The method of claim 4 wherein said nucleic acids comprise modified ribonucleic acids.
6. The method of claim 5 wherein said nucleic acids comprise 2'-amino (2'-NH.sub.2) modifed ribonucleic acids.
7. The method of claim 3 wherein said single-stranded nucleic acids are deoxyribonucleic acids.
8. The method of claim 1 wherein said lectin is selected from the group consisting of a mammalian lectin, a plant lectin, a microbial lectin and a viral lectin.
9. The method of claim 1 wherein said lectin is wheat germ agglutinin.
10. The method of claim 1 wherein said lectin is serum mannose binding protein.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.